Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Travelling to Chattanooga...
Quote | Reply
Thinking of IM Chat 2024...

Coming from the great white north, what is the best way to get there? I'd likely be taking an initial flight to either Toronto, Montreal, NY, and then getting a connection. But to where? Atlanta, and rent a car from there?

Thx!!
Quote Reply
Re: Travelling to Chattanooga... [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:

Coming from the great white north, what is the best way to get there? I'd likely be taking an initial flight to either Toronto, Montreal, NY, and then getting a connection. But to where? Atlanta, and rent a car from there?

Thx!!

In 2017 we flew from Burlington, VT directly to Atlanta. Rented a car and drove to Chatt. It was no more than 2 hrs, maybe less if I remember correctly. Wasn't a bad drive. I do know of people who flew to the airport in Chatt. Think they had the connection in Atlanta. We shared an AirB&B with friends 10 minutes from the race venue. Was easy to drive in and out of town. Loved Chatt and highly recommend it. I was there for the Worlds 70.3 but would come back for the 70.3 someday (think I'm done with the full distance).

Delta's hub is in Atlanta so see if you can book something with them from Canada. Might be able to get direct flight to Atlanta.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the same, flew to Atlanta and drove. It was fine.
I would've flown to Chatt but flights were not convenient and were double the price. Nashville was another option and about the same distance as Atlanta. It might be fun to fly back home from Nashville and spend one night there after the race catching a live gig.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Way easier to fly to Nashville if the flights work, especially Southwest. If you fly to Atlanta, you have to drive through the Atlanta traffic mess. And, if you fly through Nashville, you get to hang out in Nashville for a night which is always lots of fun.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Travelling to Chattanooga... [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Way easier to fly to Nashville if the flights work, especially Southwest. If you fly to Atlanta, you have to drive through the Atlanta traffic mess. And, if you fly through Nashville, you get to hang out in Nashville for a night which is always lots of fun.

I think we got lucky when we drove to and from Atlanta to Chatt. I also don't think we hit the rush hour traffic.

We actually left a day early because of a hurricane and I think it was a Sunday afternoon. I remember seeing electric workers from different states driving towards Atlanta. But traffic wasn't bad as I remember. This was also over 5 years ago too.

Quote Reply
Re: Travelling to Chattanooga... [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
127 miles BNA - Chatt and 95 minutes (I drive fast) to 2 hours (depending on the traffic at exit 178). Ease of airport in/out - way easier and faster. In Central time zone and Chatt is Eastern.
129 miles ATL - Chatt and 2 to 3 hours, depending on traffic the whole way.

Like I said, depends on what airline you're flying. On SWA - IMO no brainer to fly thru BNA.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: Travelling to Chattanooga... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks folks, will check out options for both Nashville and Atlanta!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
127 miles BNA - Chatt and 95 minutes (I drive fast) to 2 hours (depending on the traffic at exit 178). Ease of airport in/out - way easier and faster. In Central time zone and Chatt is Eastern.
129 miles ATL - Chatt and 2 to 3 hours, depending on traffic the whole way.

Like I said, depends on what airline you're flying. On SWA - IMO no brainer to fly thru BNA.

Yeah probably depends on the airline. We don't have SWA. And Delta is usually the option for us to the South. I just flew Delta from BTV to Kona going through Atlanta and Seattle. I will say Atlanta had a much cleaner airport compared to Seattle. I was amazed. It seemed like a huge heard of 4 years olds stomped through the terminals eating and leaving cracker crumbs throughout. However I did find healthy food in Seattle. But getting off topic here....

If flying to Nashville was a better option for us logistically, I think it would be fun to spend a day or two there. I've never been and have heard mostly good things.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good chance it'll be Air Canada, which I believe partners with United.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Good chance it'll be Air Canada, which I believe partners with United.

True. The last times I've flown out of Montreal I flew on Air Canada (Vancouver and Nice)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:

Thx!!

Fly to Nashville and then drive to Chatty. And do some heat training. That race can get damn hot
Last edited by: Rideon77: Oct 24, 23 8:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:
If flying to Nashville was a better option for us logistically, I think it would be fun to spend a day or two there. I've never been and have heard mostly good things.

If you ever get here - lmk!

And AirCanada flies into BNA. (We know this due to hockey travel.)

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live 1hour north of TO and have done IM CHOO and Chattanooga 70.3 three times each, and I was also on sherpa duty for IM CHOO one other year.

4 times I drove, crossing in Windsor. Not too bad, about 13hrs of driving time.

3 times I flew from YYZ to ATL, rented car and drove.

no matter how you do it, IM CHOO is an awesome event.

if you would like, message me as i'm happy to assist with any questions you might have about the venue/race.
Quote Reply
Re: Travelling to Chattanooga... [deantrives] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
deantrives wrote:
I live 1hour north of TO and have done IM CHOO and Chattanooga 70.3 three times each, and I was also on sherpa duty for IM CHOO one other year.

4 times I drove, crossing in Windsor. Not too bad, about 13hrs of driving time.

3 times I flew from YYZ to ATL, rented car and drove.

no matter how you do it, IM CHOO is an awesome event.

if you would like, message me as i'm happy to assist with any questions you might have about the venue/race.

Thx! If I was as close as you, I'd be driving too. We have done the 13 hour drive many times to Tremblant and Placid from NS. Looks like it is almost 26 hours drive to Chat from here.. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:

Nashville traffic is rapidly becoming as awful as Atlanta. Every single day of the week.

And Nashville's airport traffic is pretty disastrous at the moment, too.
Quote Reply