Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PKRS v Athletica AI v Hamango v Traineroad [PushPlay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PushPlay wrote:
I've used Athletica for two years now and never experienced that the set intervals and total workout time don't match. Maybe you are not reading the workout correctly?
Also, you need to go to your Garmin and make sure your Garmin settings are correct and match the zones with Athletica. Athletica can't push the zones to your watch. So if you have done the test week with Athletica and got your training intensity zones adjusted, then you still need to go to settings on Garmin and change the zones there. Otherwise you will get those discrepancies with Garmin. Hope this helps :D

The first issue seems to be somewhat common recently as it popped up on there forum.

Thank you for letting me know about Garmin though. I definitely need to do that!
Quote Reply
Re: PKRS v Athletica AI v Hamango v Traineroad [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
how much nuance can you add the program? say i'm training for a half ironman, but it's got a hilly bike. with a human coach i'd simply say, "hey, hilly bike - let's push strength work and climbing a bit." can the AI handle that kind of input?

Directly, no it can't. It does have "strength endurance" sessions where it prescribes rolling terrain. To target a hilly course, I'd just take the last block and do the intervals on hills similar to what I'd experience in a race. That, along with not just riding flat terrain the rest of the year/plan, should set someone up to be successful
Quote Reply
Re: PKRS v Athletica AI v Hamango v Traineroad [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running and cycling aren’t purely effort based either! You wouldn’t believe the amount of effort lots of coaches put into running technique and cycling abilities for example
Quote Reply

Prev Next