Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Upgrading to TT bike: Canyon Speedmax CF 7 vs. Cervelo P 105 vs BMC Timemachine One vs Argon 18 E-117
Quote | Reply
Hey all,
I've come to a point where I'm considering upgrading my road bike with clip-on aero bars for a triathlon bike. My budget is very limited, but I'd be able to scrape enough for an entry level bike - somewhere up to 3.500 EUR.
After doing some research, I've narrowed my options to Canyon Speedmax CF 7,. Cervelo P 105, BMC Timemachine One or Argon 18 E-117. I'm curious to hear other people's opinions on these bikes: are there any big differences between them, pros and cons, anything I should watch out for etc. Also, is there a bike worth considering that I overlooked?
Worth noting is that I'm not from the US, but rather from middle Europe, European Union.
I'd be thankful for any input.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading to TT bike: Canyon Speedmax CF 7 vs. Cervelo P 105 vs BMC Timemachine One vs Argon 18 E-117 [Klemen S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
also in europe and looking at these bikes!

i can't speak too much to any of them, but i guess one thing to think about is availability: which one of them will you actually be able to buy? even in 2023 it seems many companies are having a hard time keeping supplies around.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading to TT bike: Canyon Speedmax CF 7 vs. Cervelo P 105 vs BMC Timemachine One vs Argon 18 E-117 [Klemen S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Canyon di2 for sale in your budget. But in the US, but I'm sure we can figure something out if you're interested

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Klemen S wrote:
Hey all,
I've come to a point where I'm considering upgrading my road bike with clip-on aero bars for a triathlon bike. My budget is very limited, but I'd be able to scrape enough for an entry level bike - somewhere up to 3.500 EUR.
After doing some research, I've narrowed my options to Canyon Speedmax CF 7,. Cervelo P 105, BMC Timemachine One or Argon 18 E-117. I'm curious to hear other people's opinions on these bikes: are there any big differences between them, pros and cons, anything I should watch out for etc. Also, is there a bike worth considering that I overlooked?
Worth noting is that I'm not from the US, but rather from middle Europe, European Union.
I'd be thankful for any input.

if you don't mind buying used, you can look for a machine with di2 and race wheels, possibly with rim brakes, with that budget
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which bike fits you ?
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading to TT bike: Canyon Speedmax CF 7 vs. Cervelo P 105 vs BMC Timemachine One vs Argon 18 E-117 [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I definitely don't mind buying used and I'm open for all options.
I'm currently just investigating different options and asking for opinions; then, I'll go into the hunt.
Thanks for everyone who replied. Wish there were more than you, but all advice is appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there, I looked at the Speedmax and P-series two years ago, and went with the Cervelo. Here was my comparison:

Cervelo p-series:
Pros: Parts/service widely available in U.S. (where I live), great flexibility in dialing in cockpit, nice selection of colors, cool but hard to use aerobottle, very stiff and stable ride.
Cons: Not a great aero wheelset (Vision 30s), don't love the aerobars, front brake wires are unhoused, a little pricier than other brands.

Canyon CF7:
Pros: lighter weight, good value, great design
Cons: not great service in the U.S., more limited size options

Ultimately, I went with the Cervelo because I couldn't find a Canyon in the U.S., so I didn't have much of a choice. That being said, both bikes have great reputations, armies of happy followers and are very comparable. I'm overall happy with my choice and wish you luck!
Quote Reply