Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Orbea Ordu owners
Quote | Reply
I’m looking to buy a new tri bike in the near future and although I am seriously considering the Speedmax SLX, I am also looking at the Orbea Ordu. I was hoping to get some feedback from current Ordu owners. So for anyone here who has one of the current generation Ordu’s, I would really appreciate any information to help me decide.

-Tell me what’s good and bad about the bike?
-What is the ride like?
-How is the build quality?
-Can you compare it to other tri/TT bikes you have ridden before?
-I noticed some pics of the Ordu have paint damage from the steering limiter block hitting the frame, have you encountered this issue?

Thank you
Last edited by: TriguyRy: Oct 26, 23 11:27
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu owners [TriguyRy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm riding my Ordu since almost two years now.
I've owned a bike shop some time ago and build up a lot of bikes. The Ordu has some pretty decent build quality and was really easy to assemble compared to other TT bikes I've build so far (BMC Timemachine Rim Brake was good, but pretty over engineered for example).
It is easy to assemble and to fit, especially with the mono riser. The mono riser is also a down side, because it can be hard to secure and it tends to move when not properly secured. But all in all everything is very well thought and not too complicated.
For my case I do not need some kind of bento box, as I only consume liquid carbs and I am totally fine with a BTA, BTS and the frame bottle.

I really like how it rides, it is very easy to handle and feels super fast.

Coming from a BMC Timemachine it feels faster but because of better handling and cornering behaviour.

You are right about the paint damage. The bike comes with a lot of protective stickers, which is great, but at the steering limiter the sticker was gone after around a year and I replaced it. So it is so far only damaged stickers and no real paint damage for me.

I don't regret getting it, especially for this price, compared to other Tri and TT bikes!
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu owners [Julian3000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Julian3000 wrote:
I'm riding my Ordu since almost two years now.
I've owned a bike shop some time ago and build up a lot of bikes. The Ordu has some pretty decent build quality and was really easy to assemble compared to other TT bikes I've build so far (BMC Timemachine Rim Brake was good, but pretty over engineered for example).
It is easy to assemble and to fit, especially with the mono riser. The mono riser is also a down side, because it can be hard to secure and it tends to move when not properly secured. But all in all everything is very well thought and not too complicated.
For my case I do not need some kind of bento box, as I only consume liquid carbs and I am totally fine with a BTA, BTS and the frame bottle.

I really like how it rides, it is very easy to handle and feels super fast.

Coming from a BMC Timemachine it feels faster but because of better handling and cornering behaviour.

You are right about the paint damage. The bike comes with a lot of protective stickers, which is great, but at the steering limiter the sticker was gone after around a year and I replaced it. So it is so far only damaged stickers and no real paint damage for me.

I don't regret getting it, especially for this price, compared to other Tri and TT bikes!

Thanks Julian for the feedback. It's reassuring to know that the protective stickers will protect the paint. As for the monoriser not securing tightly, do you have to keep retightening it to keep it from sliding down? And when it is secure, is it solid or does it have some movement to it?
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu owners [TriguyRy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every once in a while I check if the bolts are still secure and if it slipped down.
But it never happened again since I added tons of carbon paste and did the following: apply the required torque, apply some pressure to the monoriser from above, bounce your front wheel, retighten the monoriser and continue until it really fits.

Hope that helps!
Quote Reply