Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who was the MAN in the IMWWC? [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
A person identifying as a man running with a a DNS woman's number seems most likely.

I have a better conspiracy theory. Female athlete runs into portopotty at prearranged time. Male athlete watching and runs in too (or is already there), swap bib and chip and boom. You could make it even better and use the out and back to have the male swap early in the marathon, and then the female swaps right back on the return and crosses the finish line on camera with no one the wiser.

It's completely asinine if someone would be doing that to move from 200th to 20th place. But it sounds like something you could imagine Costanza doing in a Seinfeld episode ("Jerry, you know I've always wanted to be an Ironman!"). Now if someone was trying to get on an AG podium that way, it's even crazier. But without a bib number it's all pointless as unless you see the dude crossing the finish line, you'll never know and the bib swap might have happened.
Last edited by: Lurker4: Oct 20, 23 13:00
Quote Reply
Re: Who was the MAN in the IMWWC? [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
A person identifying as a man running with a a DNS woman's number seems most likely.

I have a better conspiracy theory. Female athlete runs into portopotty at prearranged time. Male athlete watching and runs in too (or is already there), swap bib and chip and boom. You could make it even better and use the out and back to have the male swap early in the marathon, and then the female swaps right back on the return and crosses the finish line on camera with no one the wiser.

It's completely asinine if someone would be doing that to move from 200th to 20th place. But it sounds like something you could imagine Costanza doing in a Seinfeld episode ("Jerry, you know I've always wanted to be an Ironman!"). Now if someone was trying to get on an AG podium that way, it's even crazier. But without a bib number it's all pointless as unless you see the dude crossing the finish line, you'll never know and the bib swap might have happened.

Ok this gave me a good laugh... I'm sold that this is the most expensive likely scenario. Could 100% see this on Seinfeld or It's always Sunny. Especially give the finish time of this supposed athletes is in the 12-13 hour range.
Quote Reply
Re: Who was the MAN in the IMWWC? [Tri78910] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri78910 wrote:
Lurker4 wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:

Ok this gave me a good laugh... I'm sold that this is the most expensive likely scenario. Could 100% see this on Seinfeld or It's always Sunny. Especially give the finish time of this supposed athletes is in the 12-13 hour range.

This was actually a plot line on Silicon Valley

https://youtu.be/MM92SsicCoU?si=FMsrUSllU6HuT1BJ

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply

Prev Next