Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anne Haug's bike [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jens wrote:

Hard to tell for sure with the funky derailleur cowling, but I would say that chain is much too short.

I was going to say the same thing , too short.
Quote Reply
Re: Anne Haug's bike [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Warbird wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:
I have gone with 80 lbs which it seems HED recommends

Silca shows 100

Or maybe I did the calculations wrong?

25mm GP 5000 Latex tubes 225lbs bike with rider HED disc rear wheel 60 from clinchers

I'm also ~225lbs total weight. Is 25mm the actual width of your tires on those rims, or are you just going off the stated size?

Silca calculator wrote:
Measured width does not equate to the number printed on the sidewall; rather, it refers to the width of the tire when it is fully installed and inflated on the rim. Even dealing with this stuff every day, it can be hard keeping it straight as we continue to call the tires by their casing numbers. That said, we have seen 23mm GP4000SII on a 21.5mm inner bead measure at 28.9mm wide, so would be 29mm in this calculator.

I just looked at the HED website and it say

75 lbs PSI for me

Maybe the chart is for tubeless?

https://hedcycling.com/...riant=45053395697954

On my tri bike, 23mm GP4Ks measured 26mm on FLO 60 rims. I testing was 5psi increments, my results were 95psi (bike path)/90psi (road) was the fastest, Silca said 95.5psi (new pavement) and 90.5psi (worn pavement/some cracks). 25mm GP4Ks on the same wheels measured 29mm, Silca says 80.5psi/76.5psi while my testing got 80/75psi. So I feel pretty comfortable going with Silca's results...

Thank you for your post

I just measured with calipers

You are correct they are not 25

Actual width is 26.5 front and back inflated to 80 PSI . Interesting the difference to FLO

Josh from Silca says the rim should at least 105% of the width of the tire

My rim is about the same as the tire
Last edited by: MrTri123: Oct 14, 23 6:03
Quote Reply

Prev Next