Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Did my PowerTap P1s finally die?
Quote | Reply
Bought new but second hand 2016, a few IMs and bunch of halves, so have had a good run. But last weekend the left light didn’t come on. Replaced the battery, tried different caps, now all I get is a solid red and green combo light. Not much out there on a search

Right flashes green as it should.

They finally die??? Of course 10 days before IM so “racing” by feel it is
Quote Reply
Re: Did my PowerTap P1s finally die? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine died earlier in the year after also purchasing in 2016.

Depending on your level of float you use, you could likely get a set of Speedplay Powerlinks prior to race day. I purchased the Powerlinks, Assiomas, and a set of Vectors at the same time and felt the Powerlinks were most comparable so I’ve stuck with them - I did use a bit of float on the P1s though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn’t SRAM still rebuilding them? They did a set for me, came back perfect. I sold them because I was racing also and needed a PM so kept the Faverro and sold the PT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can try to reset by installing battery backwards. This thread explains.
I thought mine died recently. Also from circa 2016. However, I recently put them on my trainer bike and they are alive again. Of course after I already purchased Assiomas, which are also awesome by the way.
Quote Reply
Re: Did my PowerTap P1s finally die? [mkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mkb wrote:
You can try to reset by installing battery backwards. This thread explains.
I thought mine died recently. Also from circa 2016. However, I recently put them on my trainer bike and they are alive again. Of course after I already purchased Assiomas, which are also awesome by the way.

Thanks, gave it a shot. So far nothing

I always said if these ever die i'd go assioma.
Quote Reply
Re: Did my PowerTap P1s finally die? [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you set up a ticket for them to get fixed? How much did it cost?
Quote Reply
Re: Did my PowerTap P1s finally die? [karmatraining] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was cheap/worth it. I can’t recall now. Search on here, there are plenty of threads that mention it.

In addition, there is a service center in the UK I believe many have used from the states. I used SRAM in the states. Really was easy. Came back like new. Sold them. All was good.
Quote Reply
Re: Did my PowerTap P1s finally die? [karmatraining] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can write to support@sram.com. I just received a quote last week of $150 + shipping for bearing service that includes:

PowerTap Pedal Bearing Service
(pricing is for a set of pedals; applicable to P1s, P1, and P2 pedals)

Pedal Bearing Service includes:
· All bearings, spacers, and seals replaced
· New spindles (includes left and right for P1S, P1, and P2 pedals)
· New V3 battery caps, AAA lithium batteries, and pedal washers
· New pedal body endcaps
· Basic electronics check
Quote Reply
Re: Did my PowerTap P1s finally die? [gmhend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought mine used in 2016 also. They lasted almost 6 years before the same thing happened, so feel like I got my money’s worth. Didn’t want to deal with paying for service considering their age so bought the Garmin Rally RS 200s. They have been flawless and a nice upgrade.
Quote Reply
Re: Did my PowerTap P1s finally die? [2lazy2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, at the moment I'm not signed up for any tris 2024, and may be moving just to swimrun. Maybe a one off 70.3 now and then. So not really motivated to spend anything on it as long as the pedals still work as pedals...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine died last spring (well, one of them died). SRAM offered the bearing service but wanted a very long SLA. I didn't want to be without my pedals for months so I went to Assiomas.
Quote Reply