Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chicago Marathon 2023 [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
Again, even if wind speed was recorded as 0 kph (and it wasn't), there are significant savings to run behind someone at 20 kph. Heck, even at 15-16 kph. All these guys have GPS watches and are professional runners 100% in tune with their targeted paces, so the pacer is not really showing these guys how fast they should go. Why do you think the Ineos 1:59 had alternating pacers in the "V" formation all the way throughout the attempt?

Anyway, mark my words, this guy will break 2 hours in Berlin next year with better pacing help.

What are you on about? I was just replying to your "windy city reputation" comment. Of course wind matters and tucking behind others helps. All I said is that Chicago is not a particularly windy city and the "windy city" nickname is not related to weather.
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Marathon 2023 [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to no one in particular: Kiptum has those 'Ben Johnson' eyes..
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Marathon 2023 [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And does kipchoge have Carl Lewis eyes? Because both Ben an Carl were caught at different points in their career, and Kiptum and Kipchogue buy their aspirines in the same pharmacy.
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Marathon 2023 [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ecce-homo wrote:
And does kipchoge have Carl Lewis eyes? Because both Ben an Carl were caught at different points in their career, and Kiptum and Kipchogue buy their aspirines in the same pharmacy.

Good question. Not that I noticed.
Quote Reply

Prev Next