Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for tri club around Highlands ranch, CO
Quote | Reply
Hey folks,

My family and I are relocating to Highlands Ranch, Colorado in a few weeks, and we don’t really know anybody over there.
We have a 16 months old boy and we’d love to start socializing and to join the community.

Does anybody know any triathlon/training clubs around the area?

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for tri club around Highlands ranch, CO [JCAndroid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Altitude Multisport
Aurora, Parker, Lone Tree, Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock
altitudemultipsort.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HRCA has a coached master's swim group, I used to swim with them and it's a good group.

https://hrcaonline.org/...oached-swim-programs

Not a club as such, but Thursday evening 6pm runs from the Runners Roost store in Lone Tree, I am sweeper for the group (last man in), a good hill climb route.

https://rmtriclub.com/ is the tri club I see most of at the races. I'm not training or racing enough these days to actually join..

Plenty of cyclists in HR, not sure of clubs though. Roads are scary, the bike trails are good for long easy rides though, and Chatfield and Cherry Creek state parks have loops with bike lanes and car speed limits (no bike fatalities that I know of in the parks).

Welcome to the neighborhood !
HR is a bit like Boulder - a small town, entirely surrounded by reality ;-)
Not as much fun as Boulder but a good quiet place to raise kids.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for tri club around Highlands ranch, CO [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thanks for all the valuable info! 🙌🏼
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for tri club around Highlands ranch, CO [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must live in a different highlands ranch. The roads have never been scary and they all have bike lanes. The only scary part all the way to Chatfield is waiting at the light in Santa Fe which will be fixed by April next year it looks like, assuming they are still on track.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome. Highlands Ranch has been a great place to train and raise our kids.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for tri club around Highlands ranch, CO [Broken Leg Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Broken Leg Guy wrote:
Welcome. Highlands Ranch has been a great place to train and raise our kids.

We’re two blocks from back country (not the development). It’s awesome for running and mountain biking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also in Highlands Ranch, so feel free to hit me up if you're looking for someone to ride/run with.

Chatfield gravel pond is definitely the best OWS spot in the area.

Riding is excellent for road/gravel/mtb depending on what you're looking for. Happy to share some routes if you need them.

Also many run stores have weekly run clubs. Like Fleet Feet DTC off Arapahoe does a Tuesday night run (5k-5mi generally) with beer after, long runs on Saturday mornings.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for tri club around Highlands ranch, CO [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m sure we’ve crossed paths. I live just south of HR Parkway but it’s a short uphill warmup to hit the trails by Mtn Vista.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for tri club around Highlands ranch, CO [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's super exciting to hear positive feedback from locals like yourselves.
Last edited by: JCAndroid: Oct 6, 23 15:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the sounds of this post, we need to form a Highlands Ranch Tri Club lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since the RecCenter access is reserved for home owners and we are renting in an apartment complex for now, do you know of any good pools for training (either in a gym or any other option)? Olympic size pool would be epic.

The ones I see after doing some research seem to be schools only.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
several of the apartment complexes are eligible for HRCA,

Quote:
Retreat, Palomino, Village, and Gleneagles Sub Association Resident Memberships
Residents of the Retreat, Palomino, Village, and Gleneagles sub-associations may sign up for HRCA recreational facility usage for the additional per-quarter recreational assessment fee.

otherwise South Suburban Parks & Rec has a number of pools indoor and out, annual pass is not terribly expensive.

The Littleton YMCA has a pool, not my favorite though.
Chuze, Lifetime and 24hr Fitness all have 25yd pools I believe, mostly just 3-lane. Never swum in any of those.

very few Olympic pool options - Denver U has one that's open to the public, a 30min drive to get there.
Open Lap Swimming - Denver Recreation (du.edu)
Wheat Ridge rec center is another, that's most of an hour's drive though. I've never swum there but have canoed ;-)
Veterans Memorial Olympic pool is only available by joining Thornton Masters swim team I think. 50min drive. Only been to high school swim meets here.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a former club president and current club coach for Altitude Multisport Club. Right now, people can sign up for half price for the rest of the year. Our Sunday swims are at at Westridge Oct - Dec (2nd and 4th Sundays at 8:30 AM) and then we resume our weekly swim schedule from Jan - Memorial Day. We have 5 or 6 lanes reserved and a coach on deck. We also do group rides/runs/fun things, but not at the frequency that you'll see with RMTC.

RMTC is great, but I've found that most of their workouts are in central Denver, which isn't great for those of us who live in the South Metro.

DM me if you have more questions, welcome to the area!
Quote Reply