Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Team traveling to event. Uhaul help
Quote | Reply
Ok, I need the hive mind's help here, or hopefully someone else who's done this. Myself and six other teammates are headed down to wilmington for the 70.3 in a few weeks. We are taking two cars, but don't have enough rack space for all the bikes. So to make the trip more comfortable we are going to rent a uhaul trailer for the bikes + any gear bags that will fit. I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of how many tri bike will fit in a 5x7 uhaul enclosed trailer? Next size up is 6x12 which seems like crazy overkill. I'd also think about a 4x8, but would like to not have to take all the wheels off to make it work. Any help/ideas/experience?

USAT Level 1 Coach
Team Next Level
http://goteamnltri.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Team traveling to event. Uhaul help [gregkeller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like the easiest way to answer this question is to get the teammates together with their bikes and see how many you can put in a 5X7 space. Use someone’s garage or living room and measure out a 5X7 square. Then start arranging…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of UHaul rentals, so much so that I bought a 5x8 trailer this year (a Haulmark, not UHaul).

For bike carrying, I'd recommend renting the blue blankets that UHaul offers.

Then it's math time: have one bike face forward, one back, one forward one back....frames wrapped in blankets. I would have to believe if you loaded the trailer with the bikes facing the sides (back and forth), 7 bikes in the trailer should fit, with some room for gear bags.

If you get the trailer, please post a photo of the loaded bikes. It'll be a mini tri bike transport operation!

Good luck!

Mark

Fast-Finishes.com
Triathlon and Running Race Timing
Athletic Event Management
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure you leave space in the trailer for a post race beverage cooler.

Back when I traveled a ton for races I fit 7 tri bikes in a Chevy Astro Van with all wheels on plus some extra wheels. (no passengers just the bikes)

Packed correctly you can fit a lot in a small trailer.

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply