Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim Technique
Quote | Reply
Ok, here goes...

Looking for swim coach to help me take a few minutes off my 1900m time - heard this before?
Ok, I don't use my legs at all, therefore I'm "Pull dominant".I'm 85kg and 6ft1" tall.

I've asked swim coaches to help me and I get an array of answers but all vague.
The closest one so far to help was from FrontPack Swim but I can't afford their course.
I want to learn the lunge stroke or double lunge stroke to get me to there front of the pack and then stay there.

Help!
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Technique [nicke995] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that you, Lionel? </pink>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy to help. The one thing I would tell you upfront is the "lunge stroke," "loper stroke" or "hybrid freestyle" require a very effective kick to be efficient. If you're saying you are pull dominant and don't use your legs, it probably wouldn't be the best freestyle for you to use.

I coach a lot of athletes remotely and have worked with triathletes in the swim for almost 15 years now. I have 30 years experience of coaching swimming.

Please feel free to send me a DM and we can discuss it further.

Tim

http://www.magnoliamasters.com
http://www.snappingtortuga.com
http://www.swimeasyspeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious to know how much the Front Pack Swim programme costs. They don't have the prices on their website for some reason.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Technique [SnappingT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you 🙏
I really don’t know what I’m doing!
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Technique [N.Cornyn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$1995 for a 13-week program
&1495 if you post weekly and tag them on Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious.
What is your 1900m time, with and without wetsuit.

Quite honestly for any club level swimmer it is an easy stroke form to master.

It does not matter whether you kick hard or not. Katie Ledecky does it on a 2 beat kick many others do it on a 4 or 6 beat kick. It's about rhythm and strength. It's just a small hitch, pause, with (for many) an emphasis on either the pull on one side, or the entry on the other.

For those who don't do it naturally it will exhaust you faster.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Technique [michael Hatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m around 36min so 1:50’s at best!
That’s with a wetsuit. Probably 38min 2:00/100) without.
Like I said I’m pull dominant and I very rarely kick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry I should have asked more questions.

That's on how much swimming per week/month/seasons.

I have the advantage of having been a club swimmer and an IM (individual medley) competitor. So stroke technique comes somewhat easier. The problem with changing your own "natural stroke" is the movement is ingrained into your nervous system, which does not take kindly to change.

If you have been swimming 5,000m a week freestyle over the year that's an easy 250,000 strokes a year, multiply that by how many years and it comes to millions. Changing that requires some very similar numbers for a number of months. It will require patience.

We haven't even talked age...:0)
Quote Reply