Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Sept. 18 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 18 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was OK. I'm trying to make time for me/exercise, but I feel like I'm swimming upstream (literally - I felt like I was working so hard in the pool yesterday and still going so slow).

Working on baby steps and consistency. We are out of town for kid sports the next three weekends, so I'm counting on lots of walking and hopefully sneaking off to a pool once or twice while we are away.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 18 edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
water just gets cranky sometimes, I think it gets annoyed at people peeing in it!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 18 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goal this week is to keep the healthy coping skills, journal every day, do my PT stuff.

healthy coping CHECK! only two unhealthy coping days in the past 4 months!
didn't journal every day but did it a bunch
yes on PT stuff

I swam 7 days for a total of 19,731 yards or something like that. Sunday was a 3 mile open water race- had a mid pack finish (small field, 10 or 11 women, I was 6th or 7th... something wonky in the results). Had tummy issues - I kept swallowing air and was bloated the whole race. I was 5 min back from the top woman, so that was out of reach, but the next 4-5 places I was 90 sec back and w/o the tummy issues -and being able to run instead of walk between laps - I think I might have been a little more competitive. So that race I don't really want to talk about, aside from that I am grateful I could do it.

goals this week
healthy coping skills
journal most days
PT exercises
keep swim a level I can do it every day if I want to

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even if it didn't go how you wanted, it's still training in the bank for future fun.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 18 edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup.
I had a rough Wed and thurs and used unhealthy coping skills both days. I am going to get back on track today. I can do this. I have four months of mostly healthy days (except 4 now) so clearly I can do this.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hang in there. Don't let the bad day diminish all the good ones before it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did a little better today, not perfect

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Sep 22, 23 19:49
Quote Reply