Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

best goggles for broken noses
Quote | Reply

I've broken the old snout twice playing rugby. Setting aside the deterioration in physical attractiveness, which was inevitable in any case, I've struggled in recent years to find comfortable goggles that don't let water it. Does anyone have suggestions for swim googles that might be more accommodating?
Quote Reply
Re: best goggles for broken noses [slowstitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ones that come with different size nose pieces?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swedish goggles? they usually tie between the lenses, seems maybe more accommodating?
if that doesn't work maybe the tie from the swedish goggles but use it with other lenses?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The answer my friend is and always will be Swedish Goggles:

Use a bit of the headstrap to make a nose piece and it makes no difference what your schnozz is doing.

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Re: best goggles for broken noses [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^ This ^^ Literally what I was just about to reply. As a matter of fact, those are the best nose pieces for goggles regardless of whether it is for a broken nose or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too have a broken nose. The only goggle that does not leak is the Aqua Sphere EAGLE. Also has interchangeable diopter lens for bad eyesight. Fairly large on your face but a lifesaver for the swim.
Quote Reply
Re: best goggles for broken noses [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I'll try them, thanks.

Great article btw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also like Swedish goggles and the adjustability over the nosepiece is the best out of any goggles that I've tried. However, some people find them uncomfortable on the eye sockets or may just want something else to add to the goggle rotation. I've found the ARK goggles to be quite flexible with some elasticity over the nose piece which is similar (although obviously less flexible) to the Swedes. The Orca Killa 180 are similar to the ARKs and may be more readily available in stores.

My newsletter with endurance research:
https://dwrowland.substack.com/
Quote Reply