Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What will the NBC IM World Champ coverage look like this year?
Quote | Reply
Apologies if this has been discussed in another thread, but I'm curious about what the annual 'NBC Ironman special' that customarily airs on the Saturday after Thanksgiving weekend is going to look like. I could see the reasoning to continuing to have one single broadcast covering the M and F when they were on side-by-each days on the same course, but I can't see how a set of two-day, two-location, month-apart races are going too make for a cohesive broadcast. In the same regard, I can't see any way NBC would do two separate M and F specials.

Does anyone have insights?
Quote Reply
Re: What will the NBC IM World Champ coverage look like this year? [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not a question of NBC "doing them" because they love triathlon, its a question of IM producing the content and buying time to air it on NBC.

Your point is valid though. What would such an episode look like? It seems like it would have to be two different episodes to avoid the, "meanwhile on the otherside of the world, Frodeno emerges from the Mediterranean..." segways.

I mean, they can still use the same formula, it just gets even sillier if you think about it too long.

If they had two 25min episodes that wouldn't be bad in my view.
Quote Reply
Re: What will the NBC IM World Champ coverage look like this year? [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To further add, do they have two slates of inspirational stories? I would suspect that they must
Quote Reply