Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Doing a 70.3 Tomorrow with only 58 people. Give me your worst advice!
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Doing a 70.3 Tomorrow with only 58 people. Give me your worst advice! [lifejustice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Worst, I’m unsure.

For me it’s tough to turn myself inside out when not much action around me.

My best advice is have fun!
Quote Reply
Re: Doing a 70.3 Tomorrow with only 58 people. Give me your worst advice! [lifejustice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lifejustice wrote:

Should be an easy overall win.

Get out in front and stay there. You should never be in any place other than first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't worry about drinking or eating anything during the race. You should be able to use your body's reserves for 4-7 hours of racing.
Quote Reply
Re: Doing a 70.3 Tomorrow with only 58 people. Give me your worst advice! [trimike77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alternatively, try to consume a calorie for every calorie expended. You'd never run out of energy.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you still have time, go get yourself some new kit or gear - trisuit, shoes, whatever you have a budget for. Nothing is as encouraging during a race as the opportunity to try out new stuff.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a good opportunity to get back to the roots of triathlon. Speedo or 1-piece swimsuit through the swim and bike. Throw a half-tank on for the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Doing a 70.3 Tomorrow with only 58 people. Give me your worst advice! [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Alternatively, try to consume a calorie for every calorie expended. You'd never run out of energy.

I shit you not that I basically tried that during a 70.3. It didn't go well for me as evidenced by an ambulance trip and overnight stay in the hospital. It was a lesson I only had to learn once.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Study the course. When there’s not many people it’s easy to convince yourself that you made a wrong turn somewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Doing a 70.3 Tomorrow with only 58 people. Give me your worst advice! [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
cloy wrote:

I shit you not that I basically tried that during a 70.3. It didn't go well for me as evidenced by an ambulance trip and overnight stay in the hospital. It was a lesson I only had to learn once.

Constipation? Or extreme diarrhea?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Doing a 70.3 Tomorrow with only 58 people. Give me your worst advice! [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vomiting. A lot. Which lead to extreme dehydration. Which lead to all sorts of issues. Which got me an ambulance ride to the hospital from the med tent at the race.

Couldn’t absorb and digest the amount of nutrition/hydration I was jamming down my pie hole. So it only had one way out.

Basic human physiology always wins.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sockless is the way to go for the run.....even if you've never tried it before.

T1 is also a great opportunity to try a flying mount for the first time.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Sep 8, 23 15:23
Quote Reply
Re: Doing a 70.3 Tomorrow with only 58 people. Give me your worst advice! [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don’t bother with body glide or any other sort of lubricant - wetsuit chafing only starts at 1901m.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw on another forum several years ago that someone had noticed that a bottle of Slim-Fast had 25-30% of the RDA of just about all the essential nutrients, and wondered if drinking 1-2 bottles an hour on the bike would be a good fueling strategy. So try 3-4 bottles of Slim-Fast on the bike, what could go wrong with starting a half marathon with 90-120% of your daily fiber sloshing around in your gut... :)

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don’t worry about the posted transition closing time if you oversleep in the morning. They can’t start without you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If one bottle in the chest is aero, three must be super aero.
Quote Reply
Re: Doing a 70.3 Tomorrow with only 58 people. Give me your worst advice! [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's actually the best advice 😂

vonschnapps wrote:
Study the course. When there’s not many people it’s easy to convince yourself that you made a wrong turn somewhere.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-be sure to get plenty of fiber

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Doing a 70.3 Tomorrow with only 58 people. Give me your worst advice! [G. Belson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G. Belson wrote:
That's actually the best advice 😂

vonschnapps wrote:

I misread the post!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get out of the water first then drop a handful of tacks on the T1 line.
Quote Reply