Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

U.S. Canyon Speedmax Availability?
Quote | Reply
What is going on with Canyon U.S. and the Speedmax? The have one bike available, their entry-level CF 7, and in one color only (black). They list the CF SLX 8 Di2 as out of stock with no ETA on availability. And they removed the CFR from their website (it was listed as recently as last week).

Meanwhile, the global Canyon website lists 11 (!) different Speedmax bikes, however only one is available but the rest are listed as Coming Soon.

We are 4 months away from 2024; surely Canyon has overcome pandemic supply chain disruptions from 2020? Or perhaps not? What's going on?

Last edited by: nanban_ronin: Aug 28, 23 20:00
Quote Reply
Re: U.S. Canyon Speedmax Availability? [nanban_ronin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fall and winter are low seasons for tri bikes. They are probably focusing on other models until spring
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been signed up to the "notify me when in stock" mail for basically the whole year for the Speedmax, and either there is a massive waiting list meaning and emails sent in accordance with that, or they just don't have stock. They have the more expensive models in, but not the new 7 it seems. Got to the point where I've given up on them.

I was discussing with a bike shop friend and she seemed to think it was either because they are prioritising the finishing kit for other bikes, which sell faster and easier, or they are playing a game to justify keeping the prices sky high. She thinks the chances of it being frame related are slim to none.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think the Canyon situation is any different in Europe - but I actually think it's the same with pretty much any brand (DTC or not). Triathlon bikes are really hard to find right now in general.

It must be that all brands and suppliers have prioritised road and MTB when planning during the pandemic and we are living the aftermath. They must have seen triathlon as the riskiest sector of cycling - since it has the lowest volume of sales of any type of bike.

Also, mid to high end triathlon bikes are made with a lot of custom components nowadays. Those components can't be used on other bikes, which doesn't give brands a lot of flexibility to repurpose production.
Last edited by: marcoviappiani: Aug 29, 23 5:11
Quote Reply
Re: U.S. Canyon Speedmax Availability? [marcoviappiani] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you've got any other inkling for a different brand of bike, go for it. I played the few week waiting game this time last year on a speedmax. I assumed they would have figured out their supply issues at this point, but apparently not. Extremely happy with my QR.

If you go on canyons Instagram you'll see plenty of people with the same complaints on nearly every bike they sell, not just the speedmax .They're very good at marketing and advertising their bikes, but when it comes to purchasing them it seems like you need a miracle to get one.
Quote Reply
Re: U.S. Canyon Speedmax Availability? [carrotguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carrotguy wrote:
If you've got any other inkling for a different brand of bike, go for it. I played the few week waiting game this time last year on a speedmax. I assumed they would have figured out their supply issues at this point, but apparently not. Extremely happy with my QR.

If you go on canyons Instagram you'll see plenty of people with the same complaints on nearly every bike they sell, not just the speedmax .They're very good at marketing and advertising their bikes, but when it comes to purchasing them it seems like you need a miracle to get one.

Judging from Lahti, every other person in Europe seems to be riding Canyon! Makes sense they'd prioritize their home market, which is easier to service, etc.

I also second the suggestion to go with QR. Two of my friends were waiting since 2019 on Canyon. Both pulled other triggers.
Quote Reply
Re: U.S. Canyon Speedmax Availability? [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The email notifications on the Canyon website are next to useless. I ended up writing my own piece of software which just pinged the website and checked to see if the stock status changed and then send me an email. Ended up getting my Ultimate this way and never did receive any emails from Canyon (although I did get one about a year later saying that that particular model was EOL).

I think there are some other browser tools that do the same thing that people have has success with.
Quote Reply
Re: U.S. Canyon Speedmax Availability? [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The QR is not very good value for money in Europe. I have a PRSix Disc now and it’s a great bike, just want a smaller frame.

I like both the XPR and VPR but when you try to spec them up to a reasonable level in Europe the cost quickly multiply. The price for a different colour are daft too.
Quote Reply