Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Current Disc Brake Frame For A Lightweight Build?
Quote | Reply
Being lazy at work and pondering.....

I realize aero trumps weight, and we should all be spending our money on proper position fitting and coaching first. But -hypothetically- if those are taken care of, and you want to go about building a pretty lightweight tri bike, whats the best frame/module to start with?

Thinking maybe the Trek SC Disc?

Have to think about storage too. The P5 Disc I'm guessing is one of the lightest, but no flat storage, so need to either add an xlab bag somewhere or one of the 3d printed boxes...

Is the disc brake Ventum One really that heavy, or is it just how folks are building them?

Fire away!
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Aug 28, 23 6:14
Quote Reply
Re: Best Current Disc Brake Frame For A Lightweight Build? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out Sebastian Kienle's build for the Norseman, 7.2kg.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Current Disc Brake Frame For A Lightweight Build? [Michal_CH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michal_CH wrote:
Check out Sebastian Kienle's build for the Norseman, 7.2kg.

Saw that! He used a road frame. Guess that could be an option if you could still get proper position and storage/hydration.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Current Disc Brake Frame For A Lightweight Build? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
The P5 Disc I'm guessing is one of the lightest, but no flat storage, so need to either add an xlab bag somewhere or one of the 3d printed boxes...!

Consider that a strategically placed flat kit makes the bike more aero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So P5disc is one of the lightest but more importantly handles more like a road bike than any other tri bike ive ridden. Look up modifying aero bottle. This is the best flat storage maybe out there. I can fit a pump,tire,co2, airtag, levers and all sorts of stuff. Likely noaero penalty and drinking out of the bottle is hard so it works beter this way.
Quote Reply