Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano BR-5810-R adjustment, 2019 Felt IA 10
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a link to documentation or a video on how to adjust the rear brakes on a 2019 Felt IA 10? Or if you are willing to write out some instructions that would be awesome too. The bike uses an uncommon (to me) Shimano 105 BR-5810-R direct mount caliper and for the life of me I cannot find anything online on how to adjust the brakes. The user manual links on that page aren't for the BR-5810-R. Any help is appreciated.

Basically i used some RaceDay carbon wheels for a race and now that my stock wheels are back on the bike my rear brakes are very loose. I pull the brake lever all the way to the bar and the pads are just barely touching the wheel. Turning the inline barrel adjuster doesn't give enough tension to improve this.

So i guess my question is... is there another adjuster somewhere (i cant see anything obvious but i'm no mechanic) or if not... do i just pull the cable tighter at the pinch bolt on the caliper? It doesn't look like this is what RaceDay wheels did is my only hesitation.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano BR-5810-R adjustment, 2019 Felt IA 10 [metaprinter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The dealer manual always gives more in depth information.

If the inline quick release is closed, then I believe the only other adjustment you have is tightening the cable at the calliper pinch bolt.

https://si.shimano.com/...DM-BR0003-09-ENG.pdf
Quote Reply