Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zoot trisuit sizing
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any insight on Zoot trisuit leg opening sizing?

I’m 195cm (6’5”) and went with XXL as per size chart pretty much at all weights. Suit is a good fit everywhere, could be more compressive, but overall fit for my height is great. The one area that just seems weird is the leg opening, specifically the gripper panel around the bottom. This is just way too big. The legs of the suit are quite long and come down to just above the knee. Being 195cm, I don’t think I’m too short for the suit… and looking at their website, the photos show the same leg length - to just above the knee. It’s almost like the taper from the vastus lateralis just hasn’t been taken into account on this size.

Does anyone have experience of Zoot suits (the triathlon type…)?
Last edited by: JerseyBigfoot: Aug 25, 23 3:20
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot trisuit sizing [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 6’4” with a 36” inseam and 188lbs. I have a size large zoot trisuit and I think it fits perfectly. I have tried on trisuits from around five companies, and the zoot fits me best. The leg and arm length are good, and the leg and arm openings are not too big. There is also a large silicone gripper to keep the leg from riding up, this was a big problem on my last trisuit from zone3. Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot trisuit sizing [khanlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good info - thanks. I like the suit overall - just want to work out if sizing down will work; sounds like it will.

The black is Castelli Insider shorts, the blue is the Zoot P1 Ultra suit. It's almost comical the difference. I'll reach out to Zoot and ask, but it's been really useful to get your input, khanlon - thank you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm at the other end of the sizing at 5'6" or 167 cm. On race day I am 124lb or 56 kg. I have a small Zoot trisuit and agree that the quality is very nice - the fabric is especially great. But the leg length is a little long compared to my other suits and longer than I prefer (but I'd take a mid-thigh length, if I could have my choice). Leg length of the Zoot for me is nowhere as crazy as yours - mine fits more like your Castelli, above the knee with a normally tight gripper. Your Zoot fit looks totally whack! I don't think that the leg gripper is too large - it seems more like the leg length is too long so the leg opening reaches to the smaller diameter of your knee rather that the larger diameter of the lower thigh. Weird!
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot trisuit sizing [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe so. In which case, I'm pleasantly surprised as normally bigger sizes mean wider sizers, not necessarily taller! I can't hike the legs up, as then I've got too much material in the crotch. The upper feels good length wise from crotch to shoulders, but I guess the P1 design with full zip helps there.

Unfortunately can't return this one as it's outside the1 returns period as took a while to arrive. If Andre the Giant wants to start triathlon, hit me up for a race suit BNWT. I got you covered!

Been an expensive sizing lesson. Why do online sizing charts suck so much?
Last edited by: JerseyBigfoot: Aug 25, 23 5:34
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot trisuit sizing [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 5'9 130lbs and was thinking of getting size small also. Is it very tight on you or do you think it would be good for somone a few inches taller than you?
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot trisuit sizing [El Soloist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure. I'm OOT and unable to check for a week or so...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JerseyBigfoot wrote:
Maybe so. In which case, I'm pleasantly surprised as normally bigger sizes mean wider sizers, not necessarily taller! I can't hike the legs up, as then I've got too much material in the crotch. The upper feels good length wise from crotch to shoulders, but I guess the P1 design with full zip helps there.

Unfortunately can't return this one as it's outside the1 returns period as took a while to arrive. If Andre the Giant wants to start triathlon, hit me up for a race suit BNWT. I got you covered!

Been an expensive sizing lesson. Why do online sizing charts suck so much?

Have you contacted Zoot customer service? They may be able to work something out for you. Worth asking, anyway.

Those legs openings look crazy big. I have a couple of Zoot tri suits. I wear size L, and I'm 5'9 175 lbs. I could probably fit a size M, but I prefer my suits to be not as compressive. So the openings around my legs are a little looser than most of my bib shorts, but not as loose as yours look from the picture. That's a whole different level.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot trisuit sizing [ntl_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, sent them the pics and the original order email, but they’ve suggested finding a local seamstress or buying an XL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it. Sorry to hear that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an XL suit which fits perfectly except for the leg opening. It appears the legs are a little long and if you have a good amount of taper from your quad to your knee then you’ll have a loose fit. I had a seamstress extend the second vertical seam on the leg into the gripper panel and close up the opening by about an inch.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot trisuit sizing [Kay9Cop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Kay9Cop - good to know. Bit of a relief I'm not the only one... How tall are you?

Would it be possible to do me favour? Could you be to say what size the leg opening is (maybe width of the flat leg opening?), and an inseam measurement (i.e. from centre crotch to the end of the gripper cuff)?

Hopefully this thread should help future tall Zoot folk. Sounds like these larger sizes were designed for Robert Forstemann...!

Incidentally, for taller folk, I've found Lululemon to be really good sizing. Larger sizes aren't just wider; they seem to be designed for people who do sport and have vaguely athletic physiques, so you get good body and arm length on the bigger sizes rather than just getting an XL sized wide crop top...
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot trisuit sizing [Kay9Cop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have an XL size they could measure leg opening and inseam length from centre crotch?

Got an XL in my online basket, and trying to work out if it’s worth pulling the trigger or another expensive learning experience…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately mine has already been altered, so the measurements won’t be the same as an original one.
Quote Reply