Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Aug. 21 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 21 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week
keep swim at level I can do it every day
drop swim pace
do some longer swim intervals
shoulder exercises every day
journal every day

all done!

swam 6x for a total of 18,300 scm
one walk-run with 10 x 1 min run on Sunday :-)

on day 94 of the past 95 using healthy coping skills, I think!

goals this week are the same as last + keep up the healthy coping skill streak... day 100 coming up!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 21 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yesterday was day 94 so today is day 95!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in France, where my other half is currently doing the crazy thing known as Paris-Brest-Paris. Since being here I've managed to strength train twice with the one dumbbell I've found in the airbnb and I've tried to get in a bunch of steps. I looked at bike rental because the roads around here are sweet but didn't find anything and tbh, travelling with one bike was already a bunch of stress.

The break from my own training has probably been a good thing. I was feeling a bit meh recently but I'm actually excited to get back to some structure and track season when I get home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the encouragement from some wonderful people here, I did more in the last few days than I've done in a while and am feeling excited!

- I got out for a walk on Sunday that felt good enough to add a few 5 minute jog intervals (total time 60 minutes with 25 minutes of jogging).
- I emailed the Masters coach over the weekend to ask if I could slowly make my way back to practice. Coach was enthusiastic, so I asked to go on Tuesdays and Fridays (if I'm expected there, I think it will help keep me accountable until my internal motivation returns). I went this morning (it was an IM day and it was awful and awesome all at the same time)!
- I also re-added a maintenance strength training plan to my TrainingPeaks calendar. It populates workouts on Mondays and Thursday. I did yesterday's session!
Last edited by: littlenorm: Aug 22, 23 12:01
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 21 edition [littlenorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's an awesome start, way to go!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 21 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Paris-Brest-Paris.

I've heard of a dessert called Paris-Brest. I will have to look up the PBP

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 21 edition [littlenorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
With the encouragement from some wonderful people here, I did more in the last few days than I've done in a while and am feeling excited!

- I got out for a walk on Sunday that felt good enough to add a few 5 minute jog intervals (total time 60 minutes with 25 minutes of jogging).
- I emailed the Masters coach over the weekend to ask if I could slowly make my way back to practice. Coach was enthusiastic, so I asked to go on Tuesdays and Fridays (if I'm expected there, I think it will help keep me accountable until my internal motivation returns). I went this morning (it was an IM day and it was awful and awesome all at the same time)!
- I also re-added a maintenance strength training plan to my TrainingPeaks calendar. It populates workouts on Mondays and Thursday. I did yesterday's session!

I'm glad you joined the thread and glad you did some stuff! Way to go!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pastry was created to commemorate the ride! We had one on Sunday before Dan set off as a kind of good luck snack :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woohoo! Well done on taking those first steps.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Aug. 21 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
The pastry was created to commemorate the ride! We had one on Sunday before Dan set off as a kind of good luck snack :)

About that pastry...
"Almond-studded choux pastry and rich, nutty praline crème mousseline join forces in this impressive French dessert."
C'est charmant et délicieux?
Paris-Brest recipe

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply