Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri-Spoke Wheel vs. Flo 77 - Pick for me.
Quote | Reply
I am looking to replace my older version (circa 2015) Flo 60 front wheel.

I am between the Flo 77 and this TriSpoke wheel (partly because they just look cool)

In theory would like to run 28s if possible on both, seems like according to Flo's website they are optimized for 28s from an aero perspective and with a 20mm width on these they should work well with 28s too right?

What say slowtwitch?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-Spoke Wheel vs. Flo 77 - Pick for me. [STeaveA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
. I'll probably end up ordering a disc brake version of it now as well. 28's would probably balloon pretty wide on it though. My 25mm Michelin Power TT's are probably 1mm too wide to hit the rule of 105 as it stands. 28's would be perfectly viable, but probably not aerodynamically optimal. Just be sure your brake caliper can handle the width.

(I could also be interested in selling my rim brake one to fund a disc brake one if you're interested.)

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Trispoke and a 25mm GP5000TT blows out to about 26.5-27mm.
I wouldn’t run a 28 on it.
I also wouldn’t choose it as my only front wheel.
I have a DTSwiss Arc1400 62mm front that gets a lot more use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flo for me.

I'm not opposed to buying off-brand stuff from overseas, but aliexpress for safety-critical stuff is where I draw a line. Though I'm aware that often this stuff comes from the same factory as name-brand stuff often by the same people, having no known QA at all for a front wheel kind of worries me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I'll double down on my dislike. From the link on Ben's YouTube video I found the aliexpress supplier is "Velosa Carbon Wheels," and they also sell wheels with fake HED stickers on them.

Screw them. Stealing branding from a small company like HED: want no part of that.
Last edited by: trail: Aug 16, 23 14:40
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-Spoke Wheel vs. Flo 77 - Pick for me. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Flo for me.

I'm not opposed to buying off-brand stuff from overseas, but aliexpress for safety-critical stuff is where I draw a line. Though I'm aware that often this stuff comes from the same factory as name-brand stuff often by the same people, having no known QA at all for a front wheel kind of worries me.

The only front wheel that has ever catastrophically failed on me was a Zipp.
Got my trispoke from Lightbicycle but it’s the same wheel.
Last edited by: m@tty: Aug 16, 23 14:43
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-Spoke Wheel vs. Flo 77 - Pick for me. [m@tty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
m@tty wrote:

The only front wheel that has ever catastrophically failed on me was a Zipp.

And for me it was Flo (didn't result in a crash). The fact that name-brand stuff can fail with known people and known QA for me is not to me, a solid reason to think that QA and known people aren't worth anything.. fwiw, Flo sent me out a new wheel same day after they saw my video of the flaw in my wheel.

Edit: Oh, also had that hub flange deal with Zipp that they recalled - found I had the actual split flange ring when I read about the recall. Got a full wheel rebuild on that from Zipp as well.
Last edited by: trail: Aug 16, 23 14:48
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-Spoke Wheel vs. Flo 77 - Pick for me. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
OK, I'll double down on my dislike. From the link on Ben's YouTube video I found the aliexpress supplier is "Velosa Carbon Wheels," and they also sell wheels with fake HED stickers on them.

Screw them. Stealing branding from a small company like HED: want no part of that.
Hmm. I hadn't seen that and definitely don't like it, but it's a bit of a weird listing from them. Every single on of their wheels are either unbranded or "Velosa" branded except for a 20 inch folding bike wheel that randomly has HED stickers on it? It's as good a reason as any to not like it but I had specifically tried to pick a seller that didn't pull any type of cloning BS. Odd.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-Spoke Wheel vs. Flo 77 - Pick for me. [m@tty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what this one is. Lightcycle.
Looks like they don't have it listed on their website but I inquired and they sent me this.
Quote Reply