Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Wheels
Quote | Reply
I ride a 2013 Cervelo P3, with old fashioned rim brakes. While training for Lake Placid, I noticed that a couple of rear wheel spokes were loose and decided to upgrade and update my carbon wheel set for 2013 with a set of new Rolf Wheels. The wheels are "Tubeless and Clincher" ready, and since I still have a bunch of Clincher tires, my plan is to continue riding the clincher tires and then decide about going tubeless.

Oh My Goodness, what a world of difference. My previous wheels were narrow, but the new wheels can handle 25 or 28mm tires. The ride on the new wheels is 10,000 times better. It reminds me of wearing an old pair of favorite running socks and then you get a new pair of socks and it's like "Why did I wait so long?" The same is true with the wheels.

Since my bike is "old", it was challenging finding new carbon wheels with a rim brake. Most of the large manufacturers like Zipp and others have abandoned rim brakes. A lot of the wheels on Amazon were "made in China" and ranged from $300 for a set to $1,500 for a set. Decided to go with a "made in the USA" brand and couldn't be happier. I am retired and do not work for Rolf and never worked for Rolf, but wow, the wheels are fantastic.
Quote Reply
Re: New Wheels [candyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which Rolf wheelset did you buy?
Quote Reply
Re: New Wheels [candyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The difference of 25/28mm tires is just amazing. I'm not riding my TT bike as much as I used to or should because it's the last bike I have with old school narrow wheels/tires, and whenever I look at the bike I inwardly cringe at the ride quality I'm going to get in training and pick my road bike instead. I also need an update on my TT bike. It doesn't help that my TT frame itself is stiff as all hell.
Quote Reply
Re: New Wheels [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the Rolf Prima ARES LS4, the cost was $1,399 (1590 grams). They also have $2,199 (1430 grams) and $2,949 (1395 grams) wheels.
Quote Reply