Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cannondale & tri
Quote | Reply
I'll probably get blasted for this type of question but I want to ask anyway...

To support my local shop, I'm committed to Cannondale. I've ridden them for years and love them, so that's not a problem.

Due to the area when I live and the type of racing I do, I've always -- 30 years -- ridden a road bike with the seat slammed forward and Syntace tri-bars attached. That works for me and I'm sticking with it.

Now, it seems like every high-end bike that I look at has the flat handlebars that look impossible to attach any type of aerobar to them. If I make the leap for a new bike, it is just a matter of switching out handlebars or the front end "cockpit" or am I missing something major here?
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale & tri [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan tried to collect a list of high-end road bikes that can have any kind of handlebar: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...20handlebar#p7909629

On top of the bunch of your Cannondales that Dan mentioned, I've also listed those: Felt AR Aero, BMC Roadmachine, Canyon Endurance CF, Orbea Orca, Liv Langma, Bianchi Speclissima, Lapierre AIRCODE DRS, Trek Domane SL, Basso Diamante SV.

All those bikes will allow you to switch to whatever handbar you need, on top of which you'll be able to mount clip-on triathlon extensions.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale & tri [Michal_CH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice! Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale & tri [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only two things to check: standard size steerer tube (1 1/8") that's not cut too short, and frame that doesn't overly infringe on the back end of the stem clamp area. A little bit of frame interference can be cleared with certain stem types that clamp in the front, but those are harder to find. Most road bikes wont have this problem as the stem is still mounted above the top tube.
Quote Reply