Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I really enjoyed the On Cloudboom Echo 3 review
Quote | Reply
I read a lot of running shoe reviews, and few have been done as well that this one IMO.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/Products/Running_Footwear_by_brand/On_Running_Shoes/Tested_On_Cloudboom_Echo_3_8757.html

I'm not 100% opposed to spending $290 on a pair of running shoes, but if I'm going to dish out that kind of money for that product, there are certain boxes I'd need checked. If I wind up with an opportunity to try these shoes out, I will give it a shot to see how my experience lines up with Hollie's. But, chances are good that these won't be for me (even though a number of features are up my alley).

Quote Reply
Re: I really enjoyed the On Cloudboom Echo 3 review [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are very, very lucky to have Hollie on board.

We also have a HOKA Mach X review from her that should appear in the next couple of weeks.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: I really enjoyed the On Cloudboom Echo 3 review [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swam with Hollie in college. She has been doing the blog/review thing for a longggggg time. Glad you all brought her aboard.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: I really enjoyed the On Cloudboom Echo 3 review [Jkgoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've Internet-known Hollie for a while, and then it turned out she's now out by the OG Slowtwitch Compound and swam with Dan a few times, which led to me sending an email being like "uh, so, you're now ST adjacent, you just want to write now?" and here we are!

I like having her perspective on this stuff. And there might be times where we both write reviews of the same shoe (kinda similar to when Dan and I did the Bondi X and another shoe together.)

Quote Reply
Re: I really enjoyed the On Cloudboom Echo 3 review [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
I've Internet-known Hollie for a while, and then it turned out she's now out by the OG Slowtwitch Compound and swam with Dan a few times, which led to me sending an email being like "uh, so, you're now ST adjacent, you just want to write now?" and here we are!

I like having her perspective on this stuff. And there might be times where we both write reviews of the same shoe (kinda similar to when Dan and I did the Bondi X and another shoe together.)

hollie is a sandbagger. she swims her workouts in the pool and you think, okay, and then she gets in a meet and parts the water like its the red sea.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: I really enjoyed the On Cloudboom Echo 3 review [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think some of that is the old "you don't forget how to suffer, you just choose when to feel it" that some former college athletes have in them.

When it's go time, she can hang on for dear life with the best of them.

Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her review is spot on. Bottom line is buy other carbon shoes. There are better ones out there with that price. I’m with an online running group and reviews are not that good in there either. On is going for expensive lifestyle shoes rather than running shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a couple of buddies who worked at Fleet Feet and loved them circa-2018. It seems that as soon as the company went public the focus went to profit instead of quality shoes.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: [Jkgoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jkgoff wrote:
I had a couple of buddies who worked at Fleet Feet and loved them circa-2018. It seems that as soon as the company went public the focus went to profit instead of quality shoes.

Exactly, that was general consensus on On shoes in the running group that I'm in. I like her review because it is really spot on. On is throwing a lot of money at pros though. They got some good athletes like Iden, Sodaro, Blu, Findlay, Hanson...etc.
Quote Reply
Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Her review is spot on. Bottom line is buy other carbon shoes. There are better ones out there with that price. I’m with an online running group and reviews are not that good in there either. On is going for expensive lifestyle shoes rather than running shoes.

I think that's my opinion on all On shoes. I tried a pair (can't remember the model, it was non carbons) awhile back and returned them. They weren't terrible by any means. I would have been ok to run in them. But maybe if I paid 60-70 bucks as ground pounder to just put some miles on I'd be ok.
Quote Reply