Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1Up EQUIP'D
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any experience this with new 1up offering using it with road/tt bikes? Can’t find any reviews out there.

Background:
Someone just crashed into then back of my suv and destroying my kuat NV. The kuat was super easy to use and worked great except for when I had to to mount my TT bike with a disc wheel. No way to secure the rear wheel.

That’s making me think to switch to 1up which solves this problem. The new version of the one up seems more refined making it seem comparable to the kuat. Any experience would be appreciated.

Kuat also makes a similar style to the 1up but I can’t justify the 1100 for it.
Quote Reply
Re: 1Up EQUIP'D [ReasonableRob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ReasonableRob wrote:
Anyone have any experience this with new 1up offering using it with road/tt bikes? Can’t find any reviews out there.

Background:
Someone just crashed into then back of my suv and destroying my kuat NV. The kuat was super easy to use and worked great except for when I had to to mount my TT bike with a disc wheel. No way to secure the rear wheel.

That’s making me think to switch to 1up which solves this problem. The new version of the one up seems more refined making it seem comparable to the kuat. Any experience would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what's new about the 1Up, but I have one that is a few years old and superior to the Kuat NV I previously had in every way. It's lighter, easier to take on and off, easier to use, easier to store and more durable. I would pay twice as much for the 1Up if I had to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The new version of the one up seems more refined making it seem comparable to the kuat. "
------------------------------------------
I'm not sure what you are referring to . . . may there new extreme rack?? But that is for heavy duty use eg very heavy e-bikes, small motorcycles, etc. The "Bike Rack" really hasn't changed much in years. We have 2 in our family - one is 15 years old (still in perfect condition), and the other is maybe 2 years old. Slight differences, but basically the same and very good. Really not sure why anyone would get anything else for a hitch rack. Yes, works with all wheels.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the original design 1up and like it a lot. Like the newer Equip'd it works with my disc wheel with zero issues. I do like the pull lever on the rear of the Equip'd model but honestly I'm not sure it's worth the extra $$.

The original and Equip'd are both great options, no complaints with my 1up.
Quote Reply
Re: 1Up EQUIP'D [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Single Super Duty and like it a lot. The tilt mechanism is probably my least favorite thing about the rack, so I see why they’d go a different route with the Equipd. Holds the bikes well, no issues. I bought the 2.5” adapter for my receiver and there is still zero play. The anodizing is fading but that doesn’t bother me. Would buy again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ReasonableRob wrote:

Background:

I had a Kuat NV and it was ok but super heavy and I didn't like the way MTB bikes fit.
Switched to a 1up and would never go back. I have the heavy duty double with two extra bike attachements.
Quote Reply
Re: 1Up EQUIP'D [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah i was referring to the Equip'D model:

https://1up-usa.com/product/equipd-double

Thanks for confirming fitment on the smaller tire bikes. And yeah as MrFeeze said, the lift position lever looks kind of annoying...but that's addressed here so i shouldn't have to hear the wife complain about trunk accessibility :P

Appreciate the feedback from everyone...i think i have what i need to go ahead a pull the trigger with confidence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went with the new version of the original inventor. I’ve used it twice and my QRcd0.1 doesn’t move at all. I don’t
Notice any movement of the rack while driving. It’s my first and probably last rack, the reason I paid the extra for the
Updated features.

I bought the single and will soon buy an additional add-on.

https://quikrstuff.com/...single-rack-2-hitch/
Quote Reply