Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best men’s Tri short
Quote | Reply
In the market for some new shorts- what’s your favorite?

I have Pearl Izumi now and they are ok, but they are old and the elastic is junk now.
Quote Reply
Re: Best men’s Tri short [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try Zoot shorts. I've been wearing Zoot shorts for years and they hold up pretty well. Cushion is just about right for long rides and they don't bother me at all during the run. Really quality stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Best men’s Tri short [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried out my wyn shorts this morning on a quick brick. They're excellent and the first tri short I've run in where the chamois literally disappeared. I couldn't tell it was there at all. Was also really comfortable on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohhh...this is so personal and is likely the subject of multiple, previous ST threads. De Soto makes great stuff, reasonably priced for the quality and owner Emilio appears here. I'd start there. No affiliation, just a pleased customer. I have a Zoot tri suit (not short) that is pretty awesome. Zone 3 suit (not short) was not a great fit for me and the quality was not as high as the others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll second the DeSoto shorts. I've had mine so long that I can't even begin to guess how old they are. They are comfortable and last so long that you wouldn't believe it.
Quote Reply
Re: Best men’s Tri short [tomljones3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will third DeSoto

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Best men’s Tri short [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I will third DeSoto

I cannot begin to say how great De Soto shorts and bibs are. All others I have tried fail in comparisson.

The Tri Bibs with built in Fli are amazing.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Best men’s Tri short [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the "desoto" shorts on Amazon real "desotos" or fake off brand copy?

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve got Pearl Izumi tri short myself and have had desoto tri tops, now in a pactimo.

The one thing I love about my Pearl Izumi is there is a small pocket on each side that fits a single gel and a flap in the back that fits about 3 or so.

I also keep my base salt on this side pocket for the run
Quote Reply
Re: Best men’s Tri short [LEBoyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LEBoyd wrote:
Are the "desoto" shorts on Amazon real "desotos" or fake off brand copy?

Go to the DeSoto store within Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/...63-954C-389DFF625F1F

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
De Soto-very durable; best in class pockets-either two or four pockets, water lid or regular depending on model. Mobius is very comfy for every day gym workouts or runs but they can feel waterlogged and wouldn’t recommend for racing or workouts that involve swimming. I recommend Riviera or Forza for that. Pockets can hold small running bottles and other decent sized items that almost all other brands can’t. Pad is not my favorite as it has a lot of stitching which is fine for running but iffy for biking as I find it can cause chaffing.

Zoot-very comfy, silky smooth material. Very durable and some good color options. Pockets are small and can’t hold much more than gels or small items. Pad is similar to De Soto and not my favorite for biking. Zoot trisuits are excellent.

Kiwami Spider shorts-material is more of a papery feel for Not as soft to the touch but yet still comfy. Pockets are small and can only hold small items like gels. Very durable and I love the pad which is slightly bigger and better shape than others so better for bike.

Castelli-very comfy. Pad is great with very little stitching so no worry about chaffing and solid for biking yet not really noticeable running. I haven’t purchased in a while but pockets are fairly small.

Ownway Apparel-custom ones I designed/bought. Best in class material that is very comfy. 2 Large hip pockets that can fit small bottles-similar size to De Soto. Pad is smallish but very little stitching so super comfy with no chaffing. My favorite for runs and pretty good on bike too. Only draw back to these for me (at least model I have from several years ago) is they come up high on waist onto stomach or crotch will sag down a bit. I also own a trisuit from Ownway which I think is much better than any of the trisuits from the above companies in terms of comfort, features, etc. and doesn’t suffer from same issue as trishorts.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Aug 8, 23 5:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dont hesitate to contact me if you'd like to try the Spider2 Shorts; a favorite for many of our customers.

best,

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply
Re: Best men’s Tri short [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Try Zoot shorts. I've been wearing Zoot shorts for years and they hold up pretty well. Cushion is just about right for long rides and they don't bother me at all during the run. Really quality stuff.

I bought a pair of Zoot. I’ll see how they are this weekend!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everybody praises DeSoto, yet my bibs fell apart. I had the 400-mile and tri bibs. The crotch seams did not hold up at all. The tri bib ripped while I was biking. I'd like to think I have Hulk thighs, but I don't. I was in aero position just riding and they ripped.

The jerseys have all held up well.

Quote | Reply
Economist wrote:
Everybody praises DeSoto, yet my bibs fell apart. I had the 400-mile and tri bibs. The crotch seams did not hold up at all. The tri bib ripped while I was biking. I'd like to think I have Hulk thighs, but I don't. I was in aero position just riding and they ripped.

The jerseys have all held up well.

I’m glad I’m not alone. Same issues. Hated the pad on the 400. It was like a diaper.
Quote Reply