Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sgrail big bear bike choice mtb vs gravel
Quote | Reply
Well the title pretty much sums it up, I'm looking to do the s grill in Big Bear, anybody familiar with the trails up there that the race will be on? I currently own a road bike and a mountain bike. No gravel bike. Is it worth trying to rent one or should I just slap some slick cross country tires on my mountain bike and call it a day?

For reference my mountain bike is an intense primer, dual suspension 130 mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Sgrail big bear bike choice mtb vs gravel [DustinWiemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m waiting to hear if it’s actually on. I registered months ago. I’m gonna use a gravel bike.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Sgrail big bear bike choice mtb vs gravel [DustinWiemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just rode the bike park there for first time. Different terrain I’m sure, but trails were pretty dusty ( they watered them at the park in some spots) and will test your handling skills. Handling a new cross/gravel bike could add to learning curve.

Primer is basically a park bike - probably not the most efficient depending on the course.

" I take my gear out of my car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of of their lives shocks me. "
(opening lines from Tim Krabbe's The Rider , 1978
Quote Reply
Re: Sgrail big bear bike choice mtb vs gravel [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you, or anyone here gotten a refund yet for big bear?? Radio silence from the organization

Team Zoot
Conejo Valley Masters Swimming
Conejo Valley Triathlon Team
Go H2okies!
Quote Reply