Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Can we acknowledge Sean Conway yet? [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Deca Guy (beautiful nickname, thank you) is an average (ex?) PRO from Poland and recently an MMA freakfighter who made it to national mainstream media multiple times and secured solid sponsorships (six figures) by switching to ultra and kicking the living crap out of the lawyers and pharmacists and construction workers and other amateurs living in that space.

He’s the world champion and “world record” holder in a few ultra distances.

The text you linked to is pretty terrible, omitting the juiciest parts of the story.

After KaraĹ› gained his media notoriety, he went on to train mixed martial arts to fight at Fame MMA, a freak fight organization in Poland that gets celebrities from various walks of life to join the scene.

According to his own account, he took the steroids in January, at the advice of a named “hobbyist” “working” with various fighters, as he was recovering from multiple bone fractures. His goal was ostensibly to accelerate recovery, prevent further injuries and prepare for his MMA fight in February. He knew the substances were illegal but the hobbyist had assured him they’d be out of his system in 72 hours.

His defense is that he doesn’t know crap about this stuff, he trusted the wrong expert (sic!) and the substances were neither intended to nor having an effect of improving his performance in the Brazil deca.

So, contrary to what the article says, he actually admitted to taking stuff on the banned list.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Aug 5, 23 13:05
Quote Reply
Re: Can we acknowledge Sean Conway yet? [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
A friend of mine, had been convinced for many years that he is not clean.

Some years ago ,I shared first place in an irondistance race with him and have to say he was racing very fair.

I am not much in the ultra world but I guess he was good because he could actually swim and recover while he swam , and while his run was nowhere near as fast as raid ,he looked bombproof. And his bike was stronger than raids I guess .
I was not surprised he was better at ultra distances as he had a strong built and lost no form during the run.
Anyway....
Yeah,I am in awe of his swimming ability over those distances and everyone else plays catch up right from the very start.He is one of the very few full time Ultra guys and the whole set-up for him is on a different level to everyone else but Rait.
Quote Reply
Re: Can we acknowledge Sean Conway yet? [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
The Deca Guy (beautiful nickname, thank you) is an average (ex?) PRO from Poland and recently an MMA freakfighter who made it to national mainstream media multiple times and secured solid sponsorships (six figures) by switching to ultra and kicking the living crap out of the lawyers and pharmacists and construction workers and other amateurs living in that space.

He’s the world champion and “world record” holder in a few ultra distances.

The text you linked to is pretty terrible, omitting the juiciest parts of the story.

After KaraĹ› gained his media notoriety, he went on to train mixed martial arts to fight at Fame MMA, a freak fight organization in Poland that gets celebrities from various walks of life to join the scene.

According to his own account, he took the steroids in January, at the advice of a named “hobbyist” “working” with various fighters, as he was recovering from multiple bone fractures. His goal was ostensibly to accelerate recovery, prevent further injuries and prepare for his MMA fight in February. He knew the substances were illegal but the hobbyist had assured him they’d be out of his system in 72 hours.

His defense is that he doesn’t know crap about this stuff, he trusted the wrong expert (sic!) and the substances were neither intended to nor having an effect of improving his performance in the Brazil deca.

So, contrary to what the article says, he actually admitted to taking stuff on the banned list.
Again IAM not an ultra expert but I think he lost the double and triple world records to other atheltes.
Otherwise your write up seems similar to the article I had read in German.
Anyway since he admits the drug taking he will most likely get 3 years
Quote Reply
Re: Can we acknowledge Sean Conway yet? [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to you generally, but: we had Sean on the podcast. Hope you'll listen.

https://theslowtwitchpodcast.podbean.com/...105-man-sean-conway/

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Last edited by: rrheisler: Aug 11, 23 13:31
Quote Reply
Re: Can we acknowledge Sean Conway yet? [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you...I subscribe to his YouTube channel so am a fan of all of his exploits.
Quote Reply
Re: Can we acknowledge Sean Conway yet? [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might be my favorite conversation we’ve had yet.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply

Prev Next