Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman WC men in 2025
Quote | Reply
I'm doing some day dreaming about the calendar for summer / fall 2024... Is it confirmed already that Men WC 2025 will be Nice again?

I appreciate that everything is subject to change on this subject ;)
Last edited by: benleg: Jul 3, 23 14:04
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman WSP men in 2025 [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What does WSP stand for?

I think you mean the Ironman WC (world championship) which as of right now is in Nice in 2025 for men and Kona for women
Last edited by: Tribike53: Jul 3, 23 13:50
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman WSP men in 2025 [Tribike53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep... Typo with the WSP... should have been WC.

Thanks for confirming
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman WC men in 2025 [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They do not even know the number of slots for Kona 24 for the upcoming late season races, they know nothing, it‘s frustrating…
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman WC men in 2025 [Lami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh they know...they just aren't telling us...

Scott Baldwin
Munice70.3, and IMLP
http://www.teamfexy.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe they are waiting for the conclusion of the 2023 races to review how those went, how the host cities/councils received the races and the support garnered for the local communities. Then they can work out the best way to squeeze even more athletes in and extract the maximum $$$ per slot.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Ironman website says that it will be a rotation between Nice and Kona through to 2026. By that logic, the men's 2025 WC will be hosted in Nice.

https://www.ironman.com/news_article/show/1253698

Quote:
The race will take place on September 10, 2023 adding to Nice's rich triathlon history, as the European birthplace and premiere host of long-distance triathlon. As previously confirmed, the women will race on October 14, 2023 in Kailua-Kona, Hawai`i, and in 2024, the men and women will swap locations (men will race in Kona on October 26, 2024 and women will race in Nice on September 22, 2024). This rotation will continue through 2026 with Nice and Kona acting as co-hosts for the pinnacle event in long-course triathlon.
Last edited by: timbasile: Jul 4, 23 11:44
Quote Reply