Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike lost by airline
Quote | Reply
So I am on my way to europe to compete in the Hamburg sprint triathlon world championship. Flew Boston Paris Tuesday on Delta with my bike in a bag with shoes, helmets, wetsuit. I arrive in France the bike is not there, fill out form hopping to get my stuff in 24/48 hours. It s been 5 days and they can’t even track the bag. I am getting a little nervous here, it would cost me another 1500 $ to rent/buy all those missing items so not even worth doing the race. Anyone has had such experience ? Anyone knows someone at Delta that could seriously get on my case and help me ? Getting desperate, thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike lost by airline [Grateful def] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rent/buy what you need and send all the bills to the airline! Great opportunity to get some fresh new gear. Don't delay.

Has happened to me several times on ski trips and bike trips - worst thing you can do is wait indefinitely for the gear to arrive, because once it does the airline won't reimburse anything.

Next time attach an air tag so you can track it yourself and identify exact location yourself. Best €30 you can spend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If a bag goes missing (ie the airline can’t locate it) it is normally because the tag has come off. Then you are dependant on them sending someone to physically search the baggage halls with a description.

Def use an AirTag in future - then at least you can tell them roughly where it is!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with the above, it's almost impossible to loose a bag as there are two tags attached to any suitcase
So chances are they both fell off...... Now the only option is for someone to identify it and "match" it with the missing report

Airtags are the way to go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way, when I used to travel to races,I used to put bike shoes , pedals, running shoes, helmet if I could, race clothes in carry on. That way if my stuff didn't arrive , all I needed was to rent a bike
Quote Reply