Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Super 9 Tubeless setup questions
Quote | Reply
picked up a new wheel and setting it up.
I know valve ideally should be 40-50mm
do I need to use Rim tape on a super 9 since there are no spoke holes?

any other advice? (like just go with a latex tube instead) 😁
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Super 9 Tubeless setup questions [TriNSki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like GP 5000 clincher tires and latex tubes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriNSki wrote:
picked up a new wheel and setting it up.
I know valve ideally should be 40-50mm
do I need to use Rim tape on a super 9 since there are no spoke holes?

any other advice? (like just go with a latex tube instead) 😁

Best to use rim tape just to be sure, adds no more than 5-10gms. Then the set up is no different to any other tubeless set up.

But best source of advice is Zipp, I've always found their support crew to be super knowledgeable and helpful on all tricky tech questions.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Super 9 Tubeless setup questions [cgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree about checking with Zipp, but I've never used rim tape on rims with no spoke holes (though I've never had the tubeless Super9), and never had a problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Super 9 Tubeless setup questions [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I agree about checking with Zipp, but I've never used rim tape on rims with no spoke holes (though I've never had the tubeless Super9), and never had a problem.
Bike shop actually has chimed in and suggested one wrap of tape to ease cleanup off the carbon later..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriNSki wrote:

Bike shop actually has chimed in and suggested one wrap of tape to ease cleanup off the carbon later..

I don't find sealant hard to get off carbon fiber, but that's reasonable.
Last edited by: trail: Jul 2, 23 6:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriNSki wrote:
trail wrote:

Having set one of these up this weekend I’ll add that a couple wraps of tape may ease setting up a new tire. Though tubeless, I wonder if this Super9 has some legacy specs as I found TLR install easy by hand and getting it set more difficult than the other latest gen Zipps. The tire was pretty loose and needed my booster pump and soapy water to seat. It also didn’t result in the load bead set popping I’m used to with most TLR installs.
Quote Reply