Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

best aero bottle??
Quote | Reply
whats the go to aero bottle (looks like its the crono cx)
also how much do/can they hold

and can you run 2 of them on a bike , one on down tube and one on seat tube

if running a single bottle is down tube or seat tube better for aero?

can u run a aero bottle on downtube and then a standard biddon (so can change out at aid stations for water) on seat tube (or visversa if better for aero)
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: best aero bottle?? [ironpo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
obligatory, the best aero bottle is the one that doesn't go flying out over bumps and has a cap that also doesn't fly open as I've heard many suffer from these two issues making them almost unusable. Would love to be corrected though.

As to OPs question, perhaps 2 aero bottles on the frame with one regular cage between the arms for aid station handoffs?
Quote Reply
Re: best aero bottle?? [habbywall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
habbywall wrote:
obligatory, the best aero bottle is the one that doesn't go flying out over bumps and has a cap that also doesn't fly open as I've heard many suffer from these two issues making them almost unusable. Would love to be corrected though.

As to OPs question, perhaps 2 aero bottles on the frame with one regular cage between the arms for aid station handoffs?
Yes
This is what I have heard over time also
Was hoping they might have got better
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run the Cervelo Aero bottle on my Merida as its the best fit for the seat tube and down tube

But got to be honest, I'll be going back to a round cage for the next race - its hard to get out / put in and the cap is crap it drink from.

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Re: best aero bottle?? [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thetrickster wrote:
I run the Cervelo Aero bottle on my Merida as its the best fit for the seat tube and down tube

But got to be honest, I'll be going back to a round cage for the next race - its hard to get out / put in and the cap is crap it drink from.

I’ve got the Cervélo bottle on my Cervélo and I’m using it as a tool box for the same reason. Just cut the underside with a sharp knife and you’re done.

Drinks are BTS and BTA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironpo wrote:
whats the go to aero bottle (looks like its the crono cx)
also how much do/can they hold

and can you run 2 of them on a bike , one on down tube and one on seat tube

if running a single bottle is down tube or seat tube better for aero?

can u run a aero bottle on downtube and then a standard biddon (so can change out at aid stations for water) on seat tube (or visversa if better for aero)
thanks

Always the downtube, the seat tube is not good. The Crono X is probably the best option, it holds the equivalent of one bottle although it looks small.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: best aero bottle?? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Crono bottle but concentrated fluid only like Tailwind or maple syrup. I have BTA bottle that has water.
Quote Reply
Re: best aero bottle?? [Jörgen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was planning to cut the bottle and use as my tool kit. How exactly did you cut.

Its rubbish to use as an actual bottle.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: best aero bottle?? [whittimd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See attachment.

Last edited by: Jörgen: Jun 30, 23 12:06
Quote Reply
Re: best aero bottle?? [Jörgen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jörgen wrote:
thetrickster wrote:

I’ve got the Cervélo bottle on my Cervélo and I’m using it as a tool box for the same reason. Just cut the underside with a sharp knife and you’re done.

Drinks are BTS and BTA.

Funny, I did the same thing with my Cervelo bottle. It sucks in so many different ways as a water bottle, but worked great as a flat kit. I've since replaced it with a combo 3D printed storage box and Elite Crono aero bottle.
Quote Reply
Re: best aero bottle?? [whittimd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whittimd wrote:
Its rubbish to use as an actual bottle.
The other issue with aero bottles is keeping them clean (on the inside).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Supacaz TriFly is pretty good. Easy to drink from and access, secure and comes with rubber dampeners that go between cage and frame to eliminate vibration. The bottle is a bit small though.
Quote Reply