Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? June 26 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 26 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goals this week
continue streak of healthy coping skills! (because today is Tuesday, yesterday was day 25 in a row!)
get achilles back to normal
bike at least once
keep the swim volume what it is or lower but start doing longer intervals and or swim faster.

healthy coping skills: yes! still on a streak with the particular coping skill I am avoiding using... I think that 25 is actually wrong; I think it's more than that.
achilles back to normal - no, but I saw an MD who diagnosed it as bursitis
didn't bike (no sense putting strain on achilles)
yes on swim

I ran too much last week - was super, super, super anxious and ran on the weekend (the MD, as you can imagine, suggested not running). Of course this made it sorer.
I did a good job on the swim goal; I think I swam 13,500 yds or so which was less volume but I did 150s for the first time in awhile, and some faster intervals.

Goals this week
healthy coping skills
NO RUNNING
keep daily swim volume at an amount that is "repeatable" everyday so I don't get hurt there
do shoulder PT every day

This is a very stressful work week :-( as some self care I have a new library book.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 26 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, yesterday was day THIRTY NINE IN A ROW!

I CAN get day 40 today!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the library book? I know you have the strength to keep this streak going!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 26 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beware the Women - Megan Abbot's new book
it was good!

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 26 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yesterday was day 40! I also took a complete day off from all exercise or activity (I didn't even go for a walk). I'm really proud of myself times TWO!

Thanks for letting me share - some of those healthy coping skills days are harder than others and while it's getting easier overall as a general trend, some days are hard. Yesterday wasn't terrible... just a milestone.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
41 days!

I'm tired because I was up late / didn't sleep well. I'm going to give myself permission to rest/nap today instead of powering through working all day. Also will commit to journaling.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm on team nap!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
June 30 was day 43 in a row which also means a whole calendar month of healthy coping. That was a June goal, so proud of me.

Quote Reply