Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Advice on replacing Derailleur pulley cage (Shimano).
Quote | Reply
Had a slight accident in a race this last weekend resulting in a little road rash and a ruined cage on a Shimano Dura-Ace RD7900.
Apparently this is not an easy replacement, in fact it may be cheaper to buy a whole new derailleur.

However is the cage universal with any one series of cages.

Spent way too much time trying to figure it out and hoped there was an expert here.
Quote Reply
Re: Advice on replacing Derailleur pulley cage (Shimano). [michael Hatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Generally, the Ultegra version of the cage from the same series will be compatible with the Dura Ace version.

Another option would be to hit eBay for cheap aftermarket/no-name brand oversized pulley wheel systems. I put a KCNC OSPW system in my wife’s bike with 7900 series Dura Ace and it was under $80. Also increased the allowable cassette size to 32t if I recall correctly.

Re: Advice on replacing Derailleur pulley cage (Shimano). [michael Hatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you get one of the oversized pully kits out there? When I did mine, it came with a slightly larger cage.
Quote Reply
Re: Advice on replacing Derailleur pulley cage (Shimano). [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, what would be the Ultegra series numbers be. Would it be the R7000?
Quote Reply
Re: Advice on replacing Derailleur pulley cage (Shimano). [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at that and have no problem with it, it's just that when I look at the models they don't have Dura-Ace model numbers and I'm not confident about comparable Ultegra models.....I know they might be interchangeable, but .....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
michael Hatch wrote:
Thanks, what would be the Ultegra series numbers be. Would it be the R7000?

Ultegra 6700 is the same gen as Dura Ace 7900.

Re: Advice on replacing Derailleur pulley cage (Shimano). [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I needed that I almost ordered the wrong thing based on common sense (which I obviously lack), thankfully your note came in time....
Quote Reply