Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tubular tyre pressure?
Quote | Reply
What sort of pressure should I be running in 25mm tubs? Its been a decade since I last used tubulars, and that was in the bad old days of way too much PSI. I haven't even used inner tubes for the last 5 years.

80kg system weight, pre firecrest 808 fwiw.

Thanks heaps
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular tyre pressure? [BUNSRLTW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BUNSRLTW wrote:
What sort of pressure should I be running in 25mm tubs? Its been a decade since I last used tubulars, and that was in the bad old days of way too much PSI. I haven't even used inner tubes for the last 5 years.

80kg system weight, pre firecrest 808 fwiw.

Thanks heaps

I'm running 100 psi with my 25m Corsa tubs. Sometimes 110 on perfect roads.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular tyre pressure? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might try 28mm tyres at some point.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular tyre pressure? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run 28s and 30s on my other bikes, but my 2012 vintage TT bike won't fit them, and they are much too wide for the pre 2012 wheel aero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Silca tire pressure calculator says 91/93.5 psi for front/rear, worn pavement, road bike, 80 kg system weight. Start here and adjust a couple psi up or down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 7 - 8 pounds heavier than you and with that same setup on the Tri bike I ride 110 front and 105 back. I have played around a lot and my this is where I subjectively feel the best and fastest. Decent roads and 1000 ft of climbing per 20 miles.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular tyre pressure? [rrutis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrutis wrote:
The Silca tire pressure calculator says 91/93.5 psi for front/rear, worn pavement, road bike, 80 kg system weight. Start here and adjust a couple psi up or down.
for an additional suggestion the Flo air pressure table 25mm with average pavement... 88psi so this seems to be in line with Silca. The key to Silca is the actual external width of the inflated tire, but they do not have a rating for tubulars but assume similar to latex tube. I think either source is a reasonable starting point. As the ST experts here have said before it is better to be on the slightly low side then on the high side of optimal. Even slightly too much pressure has a significant penalty in CRR due to breakpoint inflection (hockey stick graph) the slope increases dramatically after the breakpoint.
Quote Reply