Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Fitter; MD, VA, DC area
Quote | Reply
Looking for a bike fitter in this area for a Tri bike fit. I am currently pretty comfortable in my current fit but having some trouble pushing power. From a quick search here I see a Trek's Bike shop in Waldorf is pretty popular and so is Parvilla Cycles. Has anyone used 90+ cycles in Columbia, MD? I will say that Parvilla pricing seems steep ($500 for a TT fit). Is that the going rate now?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitter; MD, VA, DC area [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m a big fan of 90+. Had both my fits there and was really happy. He’s advanced a lot both in training and equipment since my last fit so I would definitely recommend giving them a call.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd go to Dave Luscan in RVA

LMK if you want his email or #

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went through stu at parvilla. Loved him. Highly recommend him. Not sure if rate is really 500, but I think I paid 400. There's a few options for fits in the drop down menu. You pay after fit. Call and talk to him prior to scheduleing him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve at Bike Doctor Arnold
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Luscan, as desertdude said. In my opinion, the best on the east coast - I would t want to go anywhere else.

Quote | Reply
Another vote for Dave Luscan. Amazing fitter!

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitter; MD, VA, DC area [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

I'll have to think about using Dave Luscan. He is a little over 3 hrs from me which isn't horrible for a full fit but traveling that far later for a short follow up, etc. might be a bit much.

I'll probably make some calls and see more about pricing, etc. I also need to collect some parts so I can have things available to make the changes as needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it helps, I drove up from Raleigh and thought the same thing. Then I started riding my bike after the fit and couldn't believe how with 1 I felt on the bike. Almost effortless. Totally worth it and will be going back later this year for a followup fit since it's been a couple years.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitter; MD, VA, DC area [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TX83 wrote:
If it helps, I drove up from Raleigh and thought the same thing. Then I started riding my bike after the fit and couldn't believe how with 1 I felt on the bike. Almost effortless. Totally worth it and will be going back later this year for a followup fit since it's been a couple years.

Thank you guys. Love you. I'm still doing it fits Richmond, and better than ever in my unbiased opinion.

With out of town athletes the same follow up stuff applies, but we take extra care to ensure we have done everything possible to create an excellent, orthodox, sticky position.
Last edited by: FindinFreestyle: Jun 16, 23 8:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:

I'll have to think about using Dave Luscan. He is a little over 3 hrs from me which isn't horrible for a full fit but traveling that far later for a short follow up, etc. might be a bit much.

I'll probably make some calls and see more about pricing, etc. I also need to collect some parts so I can have things available to make the changes as needed.

Think of it this way - would you rather spend 6 hrs in driving so you have a position that is fast and comfortable for years, or go to someone less qualified that is closer every year for the next few years because the fit you get isn’t quite right?

Re: Bike Fitter; MD, VA, DC area [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
FuzzyRunner wrote:

Think of it this way - would you rather spend 6 hrs in driving so you have a position that is fast and comfortable for years, or go to someone less qualified that is closer every year for the next few years because the fit you get isn’t quite right?

It's probably not a bad idea to visit your fitter about once a year anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitter; MD, VA, DC area [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FindinFreestyle wrote:
TX83 wrote:

Thank you guys. Love you. I'm still doing it fits Richmond, and better than ever in my unbiased opinion.

With out of town athletes the same follow up stuff applies, but we take extra care to ensure we have done everything possible to create an excellent, orthodox, sticky position.

I live in Philly and have spent the last two months trying to convince myself to make the 5-hour drive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a schedule available online? I’m in Charlottesville and am going to be in need of a refit soon. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave just did my fit. Great guy all around

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitter; MD, VA, DC area [JFHJR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
FindinFreestyle wrote:
TX83 wrote:

I live in Philly and have spent the last two months trying to convince myself to make the 5-hour drive.

Check out Stu at Parvilla cycles! He is closer (by about 1.5-2 hours). Dave sounds great, but if you need to save on time-Stu is amazing. I was thrilled how thorough he was. Can't go wrong with him.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitter; MD, VA, DC area [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
JFHJR wrote:
FindinFreestyle wrote:
TX83 wrote:

Check out Stu at Parvilla cycles! He is closer (by about 1.5-2 hours). Dave sounds great, but if you need to save on time-Stu is amazing. I was thrilled how thorough he was. Can't go wrong with him.

Thanks! I'll check him out.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitter; MD, VA, DC area [marquette42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marquette42 wrote:
Do you have a schedule available online? I’m in Charlottesville and am going to be in need of a refit soon. Thanks

I don't have an online scheduler. I fit on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays and you can generally get in within 2-3 weeks. You can reach me here: coachdave at davidluscan.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smiley El Abd in Kensington, MD is the MAN!!
Quote Reply