Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dating after a loooooooooong time [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

Fortunately, I came to my senses and realized that I had, in fact, successfully extracted myself from the toxic web of ritualistic demonic humiliation that women inflict upon their male victims in the "dating" scene, so why would I try to claw my way back in? For all it's benefits, the internet has surely given the hordes of she-demons a new tool to torture and ruin men's lives from afar, using strong dark runes and other black magiks to reach out from the computer and remotely inject havoc and pain.

Your best prose tends to touch on this topic. Methinks you need to tell us the stories that have resulted in you being thusly inspired.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Fortunately, I came to my senses and realized that I had, in fact, successfully extracted myself from the toxic web of ritualistic demonic humiliation that women inflict upon their male victims in the "dating" scene, so why would I try to claw my way back in? For all it's benefits, the internet has surely given the hordes of she-demons a new tool to torture and ruin men's lives from afar, using strong dark runes and other black magiks to reach out from the computer and remotely inject havoc and pain.

Nice - retro slowguy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought internet/app dating was fun in my mid 40's. Sure, you're playing with a rigged deck, and some of the good cards are missing, but as long as you know that there's a lot of fun to be had with the cards that are left.

Some of the good cards get mixed back into the deck through no fault of their own and you can find them if you don't take it too seriously and follow a sound strategy.

Good times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
JRC wrote:
Well sorry to hear that didnt work out for you, but it looks like you are in an ok place about it which is good,

Regarding internet dating, If you do... i hope your experience will be better than mine.... it just seems to be a minefield of fake profiles and screwed up people.... as an exaple... I ended up on a date with a girl who seemed nice but something was off... when she started telling be about all her kinky stuff and he collection of "blades" i knew she wasnt the one....

Internet dating is indeed a crap shoot. Years ago, in a moment of weakness, I thought I probably should try dating, and I tried a couple of those sites where you fill out a pretty full questionnaire (along with a couple regular dating sites). No kidding, 90% of the matches I was sent were middle aged overweight (plus sized) women who worked in early education (I think they ranged from kindergarten to 2nd grade). There's nothing specifically wrong with those things, but I hadn't put anything in my profile expressing a preference for any of them, and yet I was almost exclusively matched with that demographic across a couple of platforms. Then on the regular sites, I found about half the profiles were either obvious bots or catfish situations.

so you are saying there is a chance internet dating would work for you? lol

Last edited by: SWEDE63: Jan 9, 24 10:02
Quote Reply
Re: Dating after a loooooooooong time [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
I thought internet/app dating was fun in my mid 40's. Sure, you're playing with a rigged deck, and some of the good cards are missing, but as long as you know that there's a lot of fun to be had with the cards that are left.

Some of the good cards get mixed back into the deck through no fault of their own and you can find them if you don't take it too seriously and follow a sound strategy.

Good times.

I am in my mid 40s and my attempts on dating apps has been, well... sparse.

You seem to have had a positive time on it. Are you able to share your strategy or have any advice?
Quote Reply
Re: Dating after a loooooooooong time [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noodle_soup wrote:
307trout wrote:

Good times.

You seem to have had a positive time on it. Are you able to share your strategy or have any advice?

Dude or chick?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a dude looking for a chick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha, might have to be a new thread.

Highlights:

It's a numbers game.

Don't take it personally.

Be objective and realistic.

Understand the game and how the apps are VERY different for men and women, and use that to your advantage.

Understand mating strategy and "SMV" and use that to your advantage.

Don't be too nice.

Hire slowly, fire quickly.

Hinge and Bumble were very fun. Couple of the others were much less so. Lots of interesting people and much, MUCH easier/better than dating in my 20's. I actually miss the game even though I'm quite happily married to a really great woman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
Haha, might have to be a new thread.

Highlights:

It's a numbers game.

Don't take it personally.

Be objective and realistic.

Understand the game and how the apps are VERY different for men and women, and use that to your advantage.

Understand mating strategy and "SMV" and use that to your advantage.

Don't be too nice.

Hire slowly, fire quickly.

Hinge and Bumble were very fun. Couple of the others were much less so. Lots of interesting people and much, MUCH easier/better than dating in my 20's. I actually miss the game even though I'm quite happily married to a really great woman.

I do appreciate your response. Most of what you wrote, I understand. Just not the bolded. Maybe I do need to start a thread....
Quote Reply
Re: Dating after a loooooooooong time [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds like a lovely way to live. Good for you.

I'm a zero short in my 401K to make that transition!

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
JRC wrote:
Well sorry to hear that didnt work out for you, but it looks like you are in an ok place about it which is good,

Regarding internet dating, If you do... i hope your experience will be better than mine.... it just seems to be a minefield of fake profiles and screwed up people.... as an exaple... I ended up on a date with a girl who seemed nice but something was off... when she started telling be about all her kinky stuff and he collection of "blades" i knew she wasnt the one....

Internet dating is indeed a crap shoot. Years ago, in a moment of weakness, I thought I probably should try dating, and I tried a couple of those sites where you fill out a pretty full questionnaire (along with a couple regular dating sites). No kidding, 90% of the matches I was sent were middle aged overweight (plus sized) women who worked in early education (I think they ranged from kindergarten to 2nd grade). There's nothing specifically wrong with those things, but I hadn't put anything in my profile expressing a preference for any of them, and yet I was almost exclusively matched with that demographic across a couple of platforms. Then on the regular sites, I found about half the profiles were either obvious bots or catfish situations.

My wife would be a great catch if she weren't still married to me.... Hour of rowing followed by speed walking, age 69...
Can't have her!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
noodle_soup wrote:
307trout wrote:

Good times.

Change your first name to Rich. Remember to always introduce yourself to the ladies as "Hi, I'm Rich."
Quote Reply
Re: Dating after a loooooooooong time [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
noodle_soup wrote:
307trout wrote:

Good times.

Change your first name to Rich. Remember to always introduce yourself to the ladies as "Hi, I'm Rich."

And my last name is Hung
Quote Reply
Re: Dating after a loooooooooong time [ruby1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ruby1 wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:

And my last name is Hung

"Rich is short for Richand"

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply

Prev Next