Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lenticular: Roval 321 or Dt Swiss Arc 1100
Quote | Reply
Hello
I used a Roval 321 (Rim brake) for a while and was very happy with it.
I have a small FTP (4.1 W/Kg), I weigh 61 kg and on 140.3 my speed was correct (4:55/5:05) without the impression of having something heavy behind.
Since I have a Canyon SLX (Disc brake) and I had to change my wheel. I took a new Zipp Super 9 model (1174gr) and the sensations are very bad: Feeling of having trouble relaunching or feeling heavy with each acceleration. I sold it....
But what to buy? I look at the Roval 321 (again) and the Dt Swiss 1100 Disc, their weights are identical and I hope that the behavior will be different. Do you have an opinion on these 2 wheels?
Otherwise I also looked at the Aerocoach Aeox ultra Orbit, but the import costs for France are too expensive and impossible to find used.
Thanks for your help
Thierry from France
Quote Reply
Re: Lenticular: Roval 321 or Dt Swiss Arc 1100 [Eltito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any experience with either disc, but have you considered the HED all carbon disc? That is worth a look in my opinion. That would be what I would go with if I had disc brakes on my tri bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Lenticular: Roval 321 or Dt Swiss Arc 1100 [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To heavy for me : 1280 gr
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a 321 rim brake and liked it a lot.

Switched to a P5D and went with Aerocoach Ultra.

I liked the monocoque construction better than the cover type.

If I did it again I’d buy Blur V3
Quote Reply
Re: Lenticular: Roval 321 or Dt Swiss Arc 1100 [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride the dt Swiss and would purchase it again over anything else. The construction of it is top notch. And with the help of swissside your likely splitting hairs between other top end discs.

But like everything, if your not testing you are just guessing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hi, what did you go with at the end? i am at the same point now as you - deciding between roval and dt swiss disc wheels
Quote Reply
Re: Lenticular: Roval 321 or Dt Swiss Arc 1100 [Andyukr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dt Swiss 1100. Similar at the Roval. I’m in Cervia this Saturday. I will give you my feed back !
Quote Reply
Re: Lenticular: Roval 321 or Dt Swiss Arc 1100 [Andyukr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've ridden the DT Swiss for over a year now. Zero issues, but can't compare to the Roval disc. It's structural, sounds awesome, and has a nice little carbon fiber cover for the valve stem that's removable without tools. The only downside is the hub noise, it's super loud and the hollow disc core amplifies the sound (if you care about hub noise, that is).
Quote Reply
Re: Lenticular: Roval 321 or Dt Swiss Arc 1100 [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of my fav things about the Zipp disc is the noise of "Whhoomf whhoomf whhoomf!" It just sounds awesome when accelerating...but realize it has zero to do with performance, but has everything to do with enjoyment factor if you're into that...but is does ruin the "stealth attack" coming from behind someone you're looking /hoping to pass and get a jump on them so they don't try to hold on...
Quote Reply