Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Factor TT bikes
Quote | Reply
They have piqued my interest and am wondering what the consensus is on them.

The SLiCK and the HANZO. I realize one is UCI and one is not. I've always been a fan of factor and am curious if anyone has experience with them at all?
Quote Reply
Re: Factor TT bikes [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Factor considers the Slick to be the Tri bike and the Hanzo to be the TT bike. I have no experience with the Slick, but I own the Hanzo. I'm focused on TT so some details, which may be appealing to triathletes, weren't really a consideration for me.

The bike rides exceptionally well and is very stable at speed. Comfort is more about fit than anything, but I don't ever feel like the bike is beating me up.

The stock extensions appear to be extremely adjustable, but in reality if you tend to run longer reach then they will be too short. The geometry figures on their website imply a huge pad reach range, but this is due to the fact that the pads mount to the flat section of the extensions. Hard to explain but as the pad reach gets longer the effective length of the extension decreases.

I ended up going with the Vision TFE Pro and fabricated a custom mounting plate in order to attach them to the bike. This combination is working quite well for me.

If my focus was tri then I would likely look to a different bike with options for storage and other niceties. As a pure TT bike I'm absolutely loving it.
Quote Reply
Re: Factor TT bikes [ap_az] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Slick, and I love it.

Added the Slick to my current Trek SC and it really feels like an upgrade; stability in the wind is insane. I can't deny one of my motivations for getting it was 'you don't see many' (last Kona bike count was 8 IIRC), I wasn't expecting it to be better ride than the SC but it is.

I use the Slick for pure TT's (it has single 60T front ring), and the SC for Tri.
Quote Reply
Re: Factor TT bikes [TRO Saracen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the insight.
Would you say the bike is suitable for long course triathlon? Whats the reason you have the SC as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Factor TT bikes [ap_az] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ap_az wrote:
Factor considers the Slick to be the Tri bike and the Hanzo to be the TT bike. I have no experience with the Slick, but I own the Hanzo. I'm focused on TT so some details, which may be appealing to triathletes, weren't really a consideration for me.

The bike rides exceptionally well and is very stable at speed. Comfort is more about fit than anything, but I don't ever feel like the bike is beating me up.

The stock extensions appear to be extremely adjustable, but in reality if you tend to run longer reach then they will be too short. The geometry figures on their website imply a huge pad reach range, but this is due to the fact that the pads mount to the flat section of the extensions. Hard to explain but as the pad reach gets longer the effective length of the extension decreases.

I ended up going with the Vision TFE Pro and fabricated a custom mounting plate in order to attach them to the bike. This combination is working quite well for me.

If my focus was tri then I would likely look to a different bike with options for storage and other niceties. As a pure TT bike I'm absolutely loving it.

If you have the time, I’d love to see a photo of your customised handlebar arrangement.
Quote Reply
Re: Factor TT bikes [TRO Saracen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are you supposed to mount an aero bottle with that split downtube and the offset bosses?
Quote Reply