Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post Bunion surgery issues
Quote | Reply
I had bunion surgery last year, all went well with the surgery, it healed up really well, I started to walk again no issues, then when I started to run my foot started to get sore underneath and even sometimes my calf was affected, I went back to see the doctor and explained what was happening, but he didn't seem to know why other than perhaps nerve issues, has anyone else who has had bunion surgery had pain in the foot problems after, this is not something I experienced prior to the surgery as I was running really well before, but now I go out somedays it's okay and others it's too painful to run on. Thanks S
Quote Reply
Re: Post Bunion surgery issues [Sabrina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't had this issue but maybe going to see a sports focused physical therapist? Hopefully you can get it figured out.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Post Bunion surgery issues [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks yes it's been frustrating as it's like a nerve pain along the bottom of the foot, and hurts like heck sometimes, yet funny the podiatrist removed a nasty neuroma from the other foot a little later and that's been just fine and he did think I might have had nerve issues with that one. I have tried all sorts, massage, tens machine, ice heat, stretching but nothing seems to help. Yet somedays it's just fine, but still glad I had the bunion surgery at least it looks better. đŸ˜€
Quote Reply
Re: Post Bunion surgery issues [Sabrina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry you're having issues post-surgery.
If you're near Portland, ME I can give you the name of an excellent foot surgeon who could probably help. I also know someone in Oklahoma City.
there's a guy on the main forum - or he was years ago - named rroof who's a foot and ankle surgeon. You could put your question over there (I'd do this anyway so it will be seen by more people).

You can get topical nerve pain gels/creams, idk if that would help.

Is there a way you can play with the insert in your shoe to take pressure off that particular area?

Is there a correlation between days you have pain and what you've worn for non-run shoes prior to that? In other words, do you need different work or wear-around-the-house footwear?

keep us updated and I hope you can get it resolved.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: May 29, 23 3:32
Quote Reply