Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hed Jet 6 Bkack - Tubeless?
Quote | Reply
I have a set of Hed Jet 6's thet are the rim brake version & are around 3-4 years old.
Anyone know if they are tubeles compatibale or how I can find out for sure?
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Jet 6 Bkack - Tubeless? [IMF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have these same wheels, and I've set them up tubeless without any issues. Email or call them if you want more peace of mind; they've provided good customer service in my experience. Make sure you have tubeless rim tape installed correctly
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Jet 6 Bkack - Tubeless? [janski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot, is the fairing ok to have the valve nut tight on it? If that makes sense?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMF wrote:
I have a set of Hed Jet 6's thet are the rim brake version & are around 3-4 years old.
Anyone know if they are tubeles compatibale or how I can find out for sure?

X2, I have a set that was used tubeless. Work great.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Jet 6 Bkack - Tubeless? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your replies, juts to check.its these?

You can also get Hed Jet Plus too - Im not sure what the Plus is or if these are Plus?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it's safe to tighten the lock nut on the valve stem. Nothing happened to the rim fairing in my experience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the tires are too easy to put on, it means they will also come off too easily - consider putting an extra layer of rim tape on. This will also make it easier to inflate. Just don't put so much on that the tire bead won't properly seat. -
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they're the Black version, the only way we ever made them was in a tubeless compatible extrusion.
look at our youtube channel for a quick tutorial on the easiest way we have found to get the valve on easily and with the right amount of tight.

google hed cycling youtube. The valve one is down the page in the "shorts" section. We filmed it without rim tape, so be sure to use it - it is not optional.

Andy Tetmeyer (I work at HED)

Quote Reply
Re: Hed Jet 6 Bkack - Tubeless? [andy tetmeyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brilliant. Thanks I will take a look. They are the Hedjet 6 black versions. The ones with the textured brake track.
Were they designed as a tubeless ?
Last edited by: IMF: May 22, 23 11:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMF wrote:
Brilliant. Thanks I will take a look. They are the Hedjet 6 black versions. The ones with the textured brake track.
Were they designed as a tubeless ?
Tubeless ready is proably the best term for these wheels. You can run them tubed or tubeless. I run the non-black version tubeless on my road bike.

Two layers of rim tape and tighten the valve stem nut just short of it flexing the fairing out of shape.
Quote Reply