Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [thestreak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thestreak wrote:
Cheers. Yes. Very effective. Everything I need. Nothing I don't. Will definitely put a bottle cage on. Just trying to source something from the 80s. The seat-post is 24mm. Very hard to get hold of. However, the distance to the pads is perfect. I like to be a bit stretched out. Like this:

If you're ok being stretched out, then that's fine; but Mike Pigg, at some point, needed to move a little forward:

I'm looking forward to see your "new" front wheel, though!
Last edited by: jollyroger88: May 19, 23 3:06
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers. Will try and get the wheel done this weekend. Need to check my spoke stock to see if I've got the right length. Position is great. It's also just for fun rather than performance. Your photo is Molina BTW. Will post more photos when the project is finished.
Last edited by: thestreak: May 19, 23 3:11
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [thestreak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to find a Campy aero water bottle for that bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [candyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Kestrel Talon I’ve been rockin since 2013. Fits like a glove and I’m just planning on cleaning up the front end a little this winter
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [PattiPepper65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very sweet photo - love the color combination of Red, Black and White.
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [candyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m still riding and racing my 1998 Softride Powerwing 700. Sweet, comfortable, and, oh, so aero! Still turns heads at races. Many people new to the sport have never seen one.

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven’t had this bike very long but I have had the disc for probably a decade or more. Bought it off the classifieds. The front wheel is an old Cane Creek wheel set I bought last year. Tubulars. I’m running 22 Continental Sprinters. This is the set up I rode at Augusta a few weeks ago. When I got the bike the cockpit was terribly uncomfortable. I did opt for TriRig aerobars and they’re fantastic. So the front end is pretty new. The rest of the bike, however, is more than a little dated.
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Circling back to this thread as I don't often revisit threads I comment on (or ones I always started)..all the time--it was just at the top. But here is your request jollyroger88......the original fork was replaced due to a mechanic in Kona cracking the steerer at Hawaii Ironman one year--who didn't use a torque wrench. But other than that--it's in fabulous shape & this SRAM 10 Force really has under 600 miles on the grouppo. I don't ride it much, this is my "indoor trainer" bike...where I live, I can pretty much ride all year around, every month, except for maybe a few week stretches where it is too snowy/icy...but often at least a couple times a month outside if I put all my battle gear on. Otherwise, XC ski instead.

Last edited by: Rocky M: Oct 9, 23 21:47
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course, revisiting the above post to follow up with my current ride since 2010, and yes, these are sew ups/tubular tires on these Zipps (old school glue on tires)...still racing today...10 sp, R2C Sram. 56 cm, super light. Tires are new YEARLY though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ol' Blue.
My 1st tri bike.
I'll still race 1x per year for old times sake.
Tri isn't always about shaving time.
Sometimes it's a nod to the past.
It's about embracing it all.
Last edited by: FedeleTemperini: Oct 10, 23 4:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing but rim brakes and tubed tires. This can't be!!! The horror.
Last edited by: Rideon77: Oct 10, 23 6:47
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You own some awesome bikes, but might improve at taking pictures :)))
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me rockin' and rollin' with my "newest" bike (2014 Cannondale Slice)

Quote Reply

Prev Next