Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by aerobean
Last edited by: aerobean: May 10, 23 16:32
Re: If anybody is looking for something to watch on the trainer [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lasted about 27 seconds. Anyone that can watch all 70 minutes or whatever… God bless you.

I will watch Breaking Bad or The Wire for the twelfth time.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: If anybody is looking for something to watch on the trainer [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with you.
Anything that has me watching other people on zoom and I'm out instantly. I hate zoom when I'm the one on zoom, let alone watching others zoom.

Also, nervous for these people, seems like there is alot of copyright material in the opening between the song and the ironman logo.

Either way, I am sick of these kinds of self promotion "look at this cool thing I did" videos, they are huge in ultrarunning and triathlon and I just don't get it. Hundreds of thousands of people do these things every year, we aren't special.

Rant over.
Quote Reply
Re: If anybody is looking for something to watch on the trainer [STeaveA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clearly didn't really absorb the video. It's about a kid from a low income family attempting his first 70.3 with a tremendous amount of support from the triathlon community. Literally less than a minute was made up of zoom footage. Regardless, I guess we can't try our hand at making something cool. I honestly haven't seen this long form style documentary on this topic. In terms of the music, yes it can't be monetized on YouTube, that was never really the point.

I'll delete the link so no more poor souls have to suffer.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: If anybody is looking for something to watch on the trainer [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Admin feel free to delete the thread

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No need to delete it. I'm just a jaded A-hole.

Once I saw it was a TEAM Zoot thing I was really pushed out, lots of bad experiences with those in the team zoom kit thinking they are hot s***

Sure I would catch more flack if you left the video up. I just can't help speak my grouchy mind
Quote Reply
Re: If anybody is looking for something to watch on the trainer [STeaveA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries, two responses and both were less than positive. I should've known better than coming to slowtwitch expecting not to get flamed.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
STeaveA wrote:

Either way, I am sick of these kinds of self promotion "look at this cool thing I did" videos, they are huge in ultrarunning and triathlon and I just don't get it. Hundreds of thousands of people do these things every year, we aren't special.

Rant over.

Almost as bad as the online heros who are so cool that they forget that for the majority of 'normal' people running 10ks is a massive bragging rights accomplishment, let alone doing something like a 70.3...

Hate wankers that forget everyone starts somewhere, let them enjoy their accomplishment. You sound like a person who would make someone in the office feel like sh!t for talking about their first 5k parkrun...'pffft 5k..? 5k is a cool down, its nothing....come talk to me when you do a deca.."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
No worries, two responses and both were less than positive. I should've known better than coming to slowtwitch expecting not to get flamed.

My only beef was that it was dreadfully boring to watch and uninteresting. I got the point the one guy was mentoring the other. I just don’t see how anyone can sit through it.

Quote Reply
Re: If anybody is looking for something to watch on the trainer [lastlap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be clear, my beef has nothing to do with distance. Doing a 5k is awesome, hell running a mile is great, people should be proud.
But we don't need to praise everyone or give everyone a medal and pat on the back.

Everyone does start somewhere and it is exactly these "look at me" types that make it intimidating for people to start where they are, get off the couch and go run for 5min.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where is the video?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
Clearly didn't really absorb the video. It's about a kid from a low income family attempting his first 70.3 with a tremendous amount of support from the triathlon community. Literally less than a minute was made up of zoom footage. Regardless, I guess we can't try our hand at making something cool. I honestly haven't seen this long form style documentary on this topic. In terms of the music, yes it can't be monetized on YouTube, that was never really the point.

I'll delete the link so no more poor souls have to suffer.

Were you involved in the video? Sounds like you were.

It’s like recording a video of your kid’s 5th birthday. It’s maybe interesting to you and your family but that’s about it. That takes away nothing about a kid turning five or someone from a low income family doing a 70.3 with community support. Those are awesome things. That doesn’t necessarily mean anyone wants to watch it. Once again, my critique is that the video is just boring as hell. I obviously watched more than 27 seconds. I scrubbed through the entire video trying to find a a shred of entertainment. There wasn’t any. Watching two people who, no offense, aren’t particularly entertaining or engaging going through the minutiae of a triathlon over Zoom or sitting in a hotel room… I defy someone to get through it.

Quote Reply
Re: If anybody is looking for something to watch on the trainer [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pulled the video last night as I spotted a typo. At the time I pulled it down from youtube it had 97 views with an average viewing time of 34 minutes, so I guess somebody was watching it. I actually love to watch people's tri related content whether they are pro or not. So again, to each his own. Also, I deleted the link/original thread post so it's really a dead matter.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply