Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fasciotomy Recovery?
Quote | Reply
Good morning ST’ers - I’m hoping that all you endurance athletes w/ a medical background may be able to help, or reassure, me!? I had a lower leg open decompression fasciotomy surgery at the end of January 2023, w/ nerve damage to the saphenous nerve after it became tangled up w/ calf muscle when it herniated! My question is, at what point will the numbness, tingling, internal swelling, cold sensations, go away? I started light jogging in April, and lower leg calf will swell and get extremely tight afterwards, and numbness and tingling is a constant! Any thoughts or previous experience w/ what the recovery timeline is? Will I ever run normally and without pain again? Thx for any ideas on this particularly troubling matter……..happy racing and training to all!
Quote Reply
Re: Fasciotomy Recovery? [bradbowerman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw your post. Did you get it all sorted out? Has your numbness gone away? I've had numbness in my lower leg and foot for more than 1.5 years now (onset while getting acupuncture treatment) and have tried pretty much everything to get my sensation back. Unfortunately, to no prevail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m also recovering from injury - no surgery however. I also wonder if I’ll be back to “normal” again. As for your question, I’ve no direct experience with this situation but I am a physician- I’d say you may not know for up to a year how you will recover from nerve damage. Stay hopeful friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't help but I'm wishing you the best. I know that "will I ever run normally and without pain" from different stuff and the answer for me was yes. I hold hope that it will be for you too.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply