Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help Choosing a Bike
Quote | Reply
Looking to get a road bike to train on when I'm at my family's house in the suburbs.

I currently have a Cervelo S3 from a few years ago with Ultegra Di2 with clip on aero bars.

I don't know really anything about bikes so would really appreciate some advice on these options I've found.

I'm trying to keep cost reasonable since it is a second bike but since I'll be putting a lot of hours in on it on the road (won't go on a trainer) I want it to perform well enough as well.

1) A 2015 Cervelo S2 with Shimano 105 Groupset for $1,000

2) 2016 Giant Propel with Ultegra Di2 Groupset and carbon tubeless wheels for $2,150

3) 2022 Trek Emonda SL5 with Shimano 105 Groupset but no wheels for $2,300

4) 2014 Cervelo S2 with Dura Ace Groupset and Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels for $1,800

5) 2013 Cervelo S5 with Ultegra Groupset (no pedals) for $1,800

6) Cervelo S3 with SRAM groupset (can't tell which one) for $2,000

Any thoughts/advice would be really really appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Help Choosing a Bike [M90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M90 wrote:
Looking to get a road bike to train on when I'm at my family's house in the suburbs.

I currently have a Cervelo S3 from a few years ago with Ultegra Di2 with clip on aero bars.

I don't know really anything about bikes so would really appreciate some advice on these options I've found.

I'm trying to keep cost reasonable since it is a second bike but since I'll be putting a lot of hours in on it on the road (won't go on a trainer) I want it to perform well enough as well.

2) 2016 Giant Propel with Ultegra Di2 Groupset and carbon tubeless wheels for $2,150

4) 2014 Cervelo S2 with Dura Ace Groupset and Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels for $1,800

Many are rim brake obviously but the 22 emonda would be disc. I'm assuming it would be mechanical 105. The s3 (6) what year is it?

I'd probably go for the trek as it's newest or the s2 from 2015 because it's cheapest.

Which looks the best or is the most appealing to you?
Quote Reply
Re: Help Choosing a Bike [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
M90 wrote:

Many are rim brake obviously but the 22 emonda would be disc. I'm assuming it would be mechanical 105. The s3 (6) what year is it?

I'd probably go for the trek as it's newest or the s2 from 2015 because it's cheapest.

Which looks the best or is the most appealing to you?

I guess I should have put in my original post that if I can find a better bike than my current Cervelo S3, I would use the new one at home and bring my current Cervelo to my family's house.

I guess the most appealing to me are the Trek, the Giant and the Cervelo S2 with Dura Ace.

I know the Dura Ace isn't electronic but isn't mechanical Dura Ace pretty damn good?

The Trek might be the best deal all things considered? Maybe I could get him down to closer to $2k and figure out the wheels? Could make it my main bike and move the Cervelo S3 to my family's house.

Just really don't know enough about bikes and components to figure out a good value
Quote Reply