Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gaia Realini
Quote | Reply
Did anyone else catch her surprise victory at La Vuelta Femenina over Annemiek van Vleuten? At 4’ 11”, she has to be the shortest rider in recent history to take a world tour win! And at 21 years old, I hope to see much more of her.

As a shorty myself, I would be very interested to know her bike size.

Does anyone know anything about this Italian speedster, particularly what Trek size frame that she rides?

DFL > DNF > DNS
Last edited by: SallyShortyPnts: May 6, 23 10:30
Quote Reply
Re: Gaia Realini [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She was amazing! She's so tiny -- under 90 lbs. You've probably already seen the final stage, but just in case -- the announcer said Trek checked in with her and said Gaia is riding an off-the-shelf 47 cm frame.

I will admit - I thought it was bad form for her to outsprint Annemiek van Vleuten after sitting on for all that time. But, Annemiek didn't ever ask her to go to the front or even pull off to the side to let her pull through, so I guess that's just as much Annemiek's fault. Plus, if it has to be anyone pipped at the end, AvV was as good a person as any in my opinion. She's such a talent and hard worker, but I thought she was a pretty bad sport after losing the Olympic gold and that kind of soured me on her.
Quote Reply