Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Xterra New Jersey
Quote | Reply
Anyone racing this weekend? Are you going gravel bike or MTB?

Anyone familiar with the course and have any tips?
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra New Jersey [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not racing, but have done the MTB race. Great RD and venue. It’s a very technical course, however, so the uninitiated should be forewarned
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra New Jersey [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn I didn’t know we had an xterra in. Nj. I’m definitely signing up for the full in 2024!
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra New Jersey [ReasonableRob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just saw this! im pretty sure the race is about to start. this race was the jersey gravel tri last year. its a nice 2 loop swim and the bike is hardtail MTB territory. the run is a little bit rocky in spots. also, watch out for bears, as we saw some on course in 2022.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry that I missed this post. I was there this year and last year. This year was drier than last year. Pretty technical, but I enjoy riding my gravel bike on these kinds of courses.

Hope you had fun! The swim was. . .cold. . .
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra New Jersey [MeggieB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coldest swim I've ever done. I thought the bike was fun, good mix of singletrack, gravel and fire roads. A hardtail mountain bike would've been perfect but I ran my full-suspension with the rear locked out and it worked fine. Run was more technical than I was expecting. Overall great experience and I enjoyed camping at the venue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had done a colder swim--the NJXterra that was in the Pine Barrens--at least I could feel my feet when I got out of the water this time. I'll be back next year. Kudos to you for camping. The gnats were killing me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i raced yesterday too, and agree it was a fun course. course was mix of gravel, easy singletrack and rutted, rocky double track. basically 1990's mountain biking. i heard about it from someone who did the gravel race last year and so i chose MTB. the winner and i had similar bike times, but he was on a gravel bike and had quarter sized blisters on his palms at the end... so I think mtb was the way to go, but obviously nothing a gravel bike couldn't handle.
Quote Reply