Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Last call for AeroJacket covers
Quote | Reply
I had bought a rear HED Jet 6+ (rim brake) from the My Bike Shop going-out-of-business sale, specifically to cover and run as a disc wheel.

For several months, Wheelbuilder had a message up that their black Aerojacket wheel cover would be in stock in March (white is available, for what that’s worth).

March passed and the message was still up, so I wrote WB and they responded:

”Apologies for the inaccurate messaging on our website. We have black covers with minor scuffs in very limited quantities with no reliable ETA on new stock. The covers are not compatible with disc brake wheels and the quantities required for another production run are just too high at this point. If you want one of the scuffed black covers just indicate it in the special instructions field at the bottom of the web form.”

I’ve used DIY disc covers for a while and have no issues with some aesthetic imperfections. I ordered a black cover and the one I received had only very light scuffs on one side. I’d probably not even have seen it if I wasn’t looking. With that said, this may have been the cleanest looking one that WB had in stock.

I really like the wheel cover. Easy to install and the fit is great. But I won’t go on about the cover itself, there are a dozen older threads about that.

For any ST’ers who might want a cover (and still running rim brakes), this may be your last chance!
Quote Reply
Re: Last call for AeroJacket covers [Rob84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Piggybacking on this.. if AeroJacket isn't going to be making these any longer, would anyone else recommend a different brand? (outside of making you own) Preferably in North America? Are there any others?

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Last call for AeroJacket covers [mstewarttri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mstewarttri wrote:
Piggybacking on this.. if AeroJacket isn't going to be making these any longer, would anyone else recommend a different brand? (outside of making you own) Preferably in North America? Are there any others?

EZ disc (now called EZGains) , although a UK company, are offering discounted international shipping. I've got one on an 85mm disc brake rear wheel and it's been hassle free. Not many other options.
Quote Reply
Re: Last call for AeroJacket covers [jn46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First Computrainer, now this.... Arghhhh R.I.P.

A see a Slowman opportunity

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply