Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: Calfee Luna-Tri, 54 cm, with pics. Dura-Ace Mix, $1,000!!
Quote | Reply
This is my first time posting pics....hope this works!

I'm selling my 54 cm Calfee Luna Tri, 650 wheels, DuraAce/Ultegra component mix, full carbon frame and fork. This is a great bike! I've used it for three years and am selling it only because it never fit me quite right. I purchased it new in 9/02 and put 3,851 miles on it. It has never been crashed and I've had a professional tune up performed every year. This bike is a great ride, and at $1,000 it is a killer deal for a bike by one of the premier carbon companies.

The bike is in great condition, but not perfect. There are a few paint chips which I've tried to show in the photos below. One of the three rear brake cable hangers under the top tube has been re-glued after it broke, but this is cosmetic only. The aerobars currenly have a spacer in them which adds about 1 inch of height (see photo below). This can be taken out if you prefer to have the bars lower. No pedals.

The geometry from Calfee's website (http://www.calfeedesign.com/geometry.shtml) is as follows:
Top Tube Length: 55.5 cm
Seat Tube Angle: 76.5 degrees
Chainstay Length: 39 cm
Stand over: 74.8 cm
Head Tube Angle: 73 degrees
Head Tube Length: 12.8 cm

The specifics break down as folllows:
54 cm carbon frame, dark green to green fade
650 Bontrager RaceLite wheels
Contenental UltraGator tires
DuraAce front derailleur
DuraAce rear derailleur
Syntace C2 aerobars
Profile Design bullhorns
Ultegra 172.5 cranks
Ultegra brakes
Cane Creek S2 headset
Vision FSA saddle
American Classic seatpost

I will have this bike professionally packaged and shipped by my local bike shop. Insurance is an extra charge but I'd be glad to do it if you want to pay that additional charge. If you have any questions, I can be reached at 509-535-8500 xt. 1039.

Quote Reply
Re: FS: Calfee Luna-Tri, 54 cm, with pics. Dura-Ace Mix, $1,000!! [Colin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've tried selling this bike a couple times on ebay, the first time it didn't hit my reserve price and the second time I went with no reserve and got no bidders. This seems like a screaming deal on a great bike, but it has been difficult to sell. My guess is either people aren't familiar w/ the Calfee brand name or they perceive 650 wheels as "out of date".

So....I'm wondering if I should part this bike out and sell the parts indivudually. Maybe sell the wheels, seat, components, frame, etc. in separate transactions. That seems nuts to me, but as I think of the individual values of the various parts of the bike, I think I'll get $1k or more out of doing it that way.

Anyone have any thoughts on this????

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Calfee Luna-Tri, 54 cm, with pics. Dura-Ace Mix, $1,000!! [Colin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it seems like a good deal. I dunno, maybe the non-compact frameset is what is "out of date", esp in this forum.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Calfee Luna-Tri, 54 cm, with pics. Dura-Ace Mix, $1,000!! [trigeek.tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking for many of the parts that you have listed and added them up, as I have been ebay pricing them for a while. I came up with a decent ebay sale of the components at $780. This is assuming that the frame goes for 150, which I think is probably as good a guess as any, but maybe a little low, and the wheels at 200, which is probably a little high. Anyways, just my two cents. Good luck.
Quote Reply