Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

High sitting BTA bottle systems
Quote | Reply
I am looking for an option where my BTA bottle (regular bottle in a horizontal cage) will sit really high. I do not have the room to just simple attach it right at bar level. Is there any adapter or options that someone might be able to recommend?
Quote Reply
Re: High sitting BTA bottle systems [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure of your exact set up but look at the little black plastic pieces in the hydration set up by X-Large that separate the holder from the cage. Find a longer (taller) version of those pieces with a long enough bolt and you may be in business.

https://www.xlab-usa.com/delta-105.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can lift your cage easily using longer M5 bolts, nuts and washers. I raised mine up 120mm above a bta bridge this way because my forearms are touching in my position, yet I still wanted a bta setup. It's actually more a behind the chin setup now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I raised and tilted mine by using these.

HSF BTA Wedge Set| Profile Design (profiledesign-au.com)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are the Xlab Aero Spacers plus longer bolts I picked up at a hardware store.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: High sitting BTA bottle systems [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I copied Ben's setup! :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's exactly what I'm trying to do, but not sure how or where I should get the base? Right now my BTA is just zip ties through the aero extensions.
realbdeal wrote:
These are the Xlab Aero Spacers plus longer bolts I picked up at a hardware store.
Last edited by: onceatriathlet3: Mar 27, 23 8:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think for setups where you don't have a BTA mount built in like the Alpha One, you'll need to first mount something like the Xlab Torpedo Mini or Xlab Versa base. Once you get one of those secured very tight with zip ties, you should be able to do everything. I would personally go overboard on the zipties though, since the higher you end up putting the bottle, the more movement you'll get while riding.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That makes total sense. I suppose there is not platform that has attached clamps like a garmin mount unit would for the aero bars? Seems like someone should produce one if there isn't one...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure that would be strong enough. The closest you might get is a stem bottle cage mount like this one from speedfill. Combine that with cage adapters like this and you should have a bunch of options.

Quote Reply